Official 2016 Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Re: Official 2016 Draft Thread

Post by bleedspeed »

TRKO wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:The question is do we need any upgrade over Shabazz and Tyus Jones. I would say yes and yes. I don't like the PG's in this draft and would get a FA. DJ Augustine shoudl be a cheap and be able to backup Rubio. I also like the idea of giving Christian Wood some burner as a backup. So bringing this back to the draft. I would look for a C/PF or SF/SG type player. I really like Sabonis and Allen as people have mentioned. I am not a big fan of Buddy.

I think the intruiging aspect of Murray is he can play both G positions. That adds value to your bench. I was really starting to doubt Rubio until his recent play after the all star break. If he can sustain that clip then we are good, but drafting Murray can give us insurance at the PG position.

I am more comfortable with Murray then Buddy. I look at Murray as an upgrade over Jones and whoever backups LaVine. Saying that I do like the sophmore bigs in this draft. (Thomas Brytant is growing on me too.)
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

The consensus top 5 guys of both NBADraft.Net and DraftExpress are Ingram, Simmons, Brown, Bender and Dunn. DraftExpress which updated more recently puts Ingram ahead of Simmons. They both have Brown at 3, Bender at 4 and Dunn at 5. Buddy is 6th at NBADraft.Net and Poeltl is 6th at DraftExpress. These are the guys I think should make up the top 7 and while I hope we get a top 2 pick, these guys are all decent options.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

I'm shocked nobody is talking about Rabb or Ellenson, more modern day athletic PF's with the ability to stretch the floor and be more versitile defensively. Poeltl would be a great draft pick in the mid 90's.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Ellenson is a guy that interests me. I have cooled considerably on Poeltl.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Duke13 wrote:I'm shocked nobody is talking about Rabb or Ellenson, more modern day athletic PF's with the ability to stretch the floor and be more versitile defensively. Poeltl would be a great draft pick in the mid 90's.

I think they've been brought up, but the fit for either of them isn't fantastic either.

Rabb's got a pretty crisp low-post game and a potential (still needs work) jumper from 16-feet, but he's thin as a rail and you wonder if he'll be able to hold his position close the rim at the next level. He's also a "meh" athlete, though he's decent lengthwise. He's a great kid from what I've seen and heard, and I at one point had him just outside the top-five. I think he's still a top-10 pick, but likely not for us.

Ellenson's intriguing until you really watch him defensively. He's not good defending in space and that's a problem when you figure his best position offensively would be power forward. And while he gets touted as a stretch big, it'd be natural to wish he was a bit more efficient from 3P distance to back that claim (28.8% on 3.2 3PA). He does have shooting ability, but if it's limited to 18-feet, he loses value significantly. Again, he's probably a top-10 pick, but likely not for us.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

OK, just for fun - Danny Ainge calls who ever answers the phone at Twolves HQ and offers their 2nd and third pick in the draft - 16 and 23 according to Draft Express, or 17 and 21 according to NBADraft.net. Do we like anyone down there well enough to take this?
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Papa - I would ask him who he wants and say if so and so are available at those picks we have a deal. Then I would keep who the player we draft with our pick.

Honestly though it would take more than that. I would want a player too.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

papalrep wrote:OK, just for fun - Danny Ainge calls who ever answers the phone at Twolves HQ and offers their 2nd and third pick in the draft - 16 and 23 according to Draft Express, or 17 and 21 according to NBADraft.net. Do we like anyone down there well enough to take this?

It'd take a whole hell of a lot more than that. Throw in I. Thomas and he'd have himself a deal (won't happen).
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

papalrep wrote:OK, just for fun - Danny Ainge calls who ever answers the phone at Twolves HQ and offers their 2nd and third pick in the draft - 16 and 23 according to Draft Express, or 17 and 21 according to NBADraft.net. Do we like anyone down there well enough to take this?

Deals with Danny Ainge never seem to work out to well for anybody.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

If I can get Jae Crowder in a deal, I take it.