Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
MikkeMan

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by MikkeMan »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Duke13 wrote:That's the type of free agent teams get burned in. Guys plays well for a month at the right time. Very small sample size of good play. With that said, he's played great and would look nice next to KAT. Still don't know if he's a starter tho. Lots of unknowns. I agree with the assessment he will get closer to 20 than 10.

Looking at some of the names mentioned on this and the other thread, I am actually excited that someone is mentioning someone who has played WELL for ONE MONTH.

He played as well also in regular season while Valanciunas was injured. Biyombo averaged 7.2 pts, 12.2 rbs and 2.0 blocks in less than 30 minutes as a starter. But most important is that Raptors were playing just as well with Biyombo and without Valanciunas than they played with Valanciunas as starter and Biyombo as his backup. Their record with Biyombo as starter was 15-7.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Mikkeman wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Duke13 wrote:That's the type of free agent teams get burned in. Guys plays well for a month at the right time. Very small sample size of good play. With that said, he's played great and would look nice next to KAT. Still don't know if he's a starter tho. Lots of unknowns. I agree with the assessment he will get closer to 20 than 10.

Looking at some of the names mentioned on this and the other thread, I am actually excited that someone is mentioning someone who has played WELL for ONE MONTH.

He played as well also in regular season while Valanciunas was injured. Biyombo averaged 7.2 pts, 12.2 rbs and 2.0 blocks in less than 30 minutes as a starter. But most important is that Raptors were playing just as well with Biyombo and without Valanciunas than they played with Valanciunas as starter and Biyombo as his backup. Their record with Biyombo as starter was 15-7.

Not a great point. What was the average record of the teams they played those 22 games? Did they play Lowry, Derozan, and the rest of their good players extra minutes to make up for the loss? If he was such a great starter, why is he playing less than 30 minutes a game? 7/12/2?!?!?! That is Ben Wallace numbers. Is he a Ben Wallace level defender? For 110 games, not 2 or 22?

And last but not least: If they do sign him for 20 EFFIN' MILLION A SEASON and it doesn't work, what are you going to do? Pay his salary? Are you even going to admit it and apologize, or are you going act like it wasn't you who said it would be great?
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Mikkeman wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

You beat me to it, mikkeman. The narrative here that Biyombo has only been effective for one month is false, as his per 36 stats for the season are almost identical to his playoff stats:

2015-6 regular season: 9 points, 13 rebounds, 2.6 blocks

Playoffs: 8.8 points, 13.7 rebounds, 2 blocks

Really no discernable difference between Biyombo's playoff and regular season production. Biyombo is also a guy whose value goes beyond his stats, as his impact on defense goes far beyond his blocks.

That said, I don't see him as a target for the Wolves. Biyombo is only 23, and his rebounding and defensive impact make him a likely starter in the league for some team. Despite his limited offensive production, somebody is going to pay him at least $16 million to bolster their defense and rebounding. We don't need to be involved in that bidding.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

I think that Biyombo would have got are least 12 million per year based on his regular season performance but his recent playoff success might increase his value to closer to 20 million than 12.
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Mikkeman wrote:I think that Biyombo would have got are least 12 million per year based on his regular season performance but his recent playoff success might increase his value to closer to 20 million than 12.

So then we can also assume that Barnes has played his way from a max (or near max) deal to about $3 Million per season....as that has been his output quality for the playoffs. Or doesn't this go both directions? Too early to tell I think.

Hicks123 wrote:
Mikkeman wrote:I think that Biyombo would have got are least 12 million per year based on his regular season performance but his recent playoff success might increase his value to closer to 20 million than 12.

So then we can also assume that Barnes has played his way from a max (or near max) deal to about $3 Million per season....as that has been his output quality for the playoffs. Or doesn't this go both directions? Too early to tell I think.

Barnes is a peculiar case. It's hard to blame anyone on MEM for what happened in the playoffs because they had so many injuries. That being said, he had a horrible regular season. And this pro-wrestling-level feud he is having with Derek Fisher can be a distracting.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I enjoy seeing Jason stumble on names from time to time. From confusing Deng and Dieng a couple weeks ago to now thinking Matt Barnes instead of Harrison Barnes. Got a good laugh out of that. Like anyone in their right mind thought Matt Barnes was at one time set to get a max contract. HA.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Rumors Noah wants to leave Bulls. Not surprising. Would be a good fit here. If he could get mostly or even partway back to old form, he'd be a good pickup, IMO.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242018/Joakim-Noah-Telling-Teammates-Hes-Leaving-Bulls-Doesnt-Trust-Front-Office

Camden wrote:I enjoy seeing Jason stumble on names from time to time. From confusing Deng and Dieng a couple weeks ago to now thinking Matt Barnes instead of Harrison Barnes. Got a good laugh out of that. Like anyone in their right mind thought Matt Barnes was at one time set to get a max contract. HA.

Go back and read these threads. Is it really that odd? And I'm working.

That being said, as far as Harrison Barnes, he's more productive than Biyombo, but if your big move is signing him to a max deal, your team will disappoint. And he's definitely not a fit for MIN. His PF minutes are average, and his SF minutes are no better than Bazz's.

SameOldNudityDrew wrote:Rumors Noah wants to leave Bulls. Not surprising. Would be a good fit here. If he could get mostly or even partway back to old form, he'd be a good pickup, IMO.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242018/Joakim-Noah-Telling-Teammates-Hes-Leaving-Bulls-Doesnt-Trust-Front-Office

Would be a GREAT fit in MIN. Don't overpay, save the biggest deal for Gasol, but great fit.