Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Duke13

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by Duke13 »

Dunn is gathering a lot of steam as of late. Working out with Don MacLean I love that dude. Dunn and KAT working out together. It was reported Dunn wants to come here. I hope Bender shines in his workouts with Boston because philly will be going hard at the 3 pick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadfordinsider?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I like Noah and would love to see us sign him for the right price. Assuming Noah leaves, I think the Bulls will blow it up and rebuild. That's something they should and probably would consider doing even if Noah was inclined to return. Last season was emblematic of a team in decline. Rose is a shadow of his former self closing in on the end of his contract. Butler wasn't good enough to make the Bulls a contender and he's not getting younger or healthier.

I see the Bulls trading Butler to the Celtics for a combination of young players and draft picks. The Celtics have a boat load of first and second round picks this summer and some good young players. There's been talk before about a possible deal between the two involving Butler.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I have no interest in Noah. We really can't afford another big who gets riddled with injuries. We need reliable bodies in the rotation. We already have a guy in Pek who is solid when healthy, but struggles to stay healthy. We really shouldn't be adding a second player like that to our roster.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

lipoli390 wrote:I like Noah and would love to see us sign him for the right price. Assuming Noah leaves, I think the Bulls will blow it up and rebuild. That's something they should and probably would consider doing even if Noah was inclined to return. Last season was emblematic of a team in decline. Rose is a shadow of his former self closing in on the end of his contract. Butler wasn't good enough to make the Bulls a contender and he's not getting younger or healthier.

I see the Bulls trading Butler to the Celtics for a combination of young players and draft picks. The Celtics have a boat load of first and second round picks this summer and some good young players. There's been talk before about a possible deal between the two involving Butler.

I agree that the Bulls should see about blowing it up. I think both the Celtics and Lakers are both looking at trading their picks. Butler would be a good get for both teams. Should be interesting.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Duke13 wrote:Dunn is gathering a lot of steam as of late. Working out with Don MacLean I love that dude. Dunn and KAT working out together. It was reported Dunn wants to come here. I hope Bender shines in his workouts with Boston because philly will be going hard at the 3 pick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadfordinsider?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Don Maclean, the American Pie singer?
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

TRKO wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:I like Noah and would love to see us sign him for the right price. Assuming Noah leaves, I think the Bulls will blow it up and rebuild. That's something they should and probably would consider doing even if Noah was inclined to return. Last season was emblematic of a team in decline. Rose is a shadow of his former self closing in on the end of his contract. Butler wasn't good enough to make the Bulls a contender and he's not getting younger or healthier.

I agree that the Bulls should see about blowing it up. I think both the Celtics and Lakers are both looking at trading their picks. Butler would be a good get for both teams. Should be interesting.

I agree with you guys that starting over might be the best course of action for the Bulls, but according to their beat writer Joe Cowley, that is unlikely to happen. He said a couple days ago on Barreiro that Noah and Gasol are certain to be gone, but that the Bulls' brass aren't willing to throw in the towel yet and are very unlikely to move Butler. They think they have one of the best 2-way players in the league in Butler, and can be competitive with him, Rose and their young pieces.
Monster

Post by Monster »

If I was the Bulls I wouldn't accept anything but a ridiculous grandfather offer for Butler. He may not be a superstar but he is a very good 2-way player locked up for the next few years at what will seem like a bargain contract in a few weeks. Should they rebuild? Yes don't resign the old guys sign some younger players and build with what they have. There is some young talent there. It was literally days ago many had Billy Donovan as not up to the task and now he is a win away from coaching in an NBA finals. Maybe Hoiberg with a younger roster and the right signings ends up being a good coach after all. The Bulls might be in some sort of no man's land but I think it makes slot of sense to see what Butler and the roster they surround him with can do next year. Assuming he can stay healthy his value is gonna stay pretty high.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

If I'm Chicago (Gar Forman and John Paxson), and Los Angeles (Mitch Kupchak) offers me their pick (No. 2 overall) and Julius Randle for Jimmy Butler, I say, "Done deal. Let's sign the paperwork." I wouldn't even hesitate on Chicago's side, and I doubt LA, who's known for quick rebuilds, would be against that deal either.

Edit: Or replace Julius Randle with D'Angelo Russell considering Chicago has Bobby Portis to groom and they have no future in the backcourt.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Year after year we hear rumours of teams willing to trade high draft picks for established stars but never seems to happen. You could argue the Wiggins for Love deal, but that happened after summer league and was an anomaly.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

monsterpile wrote:If I was the Bulls I wouldn't accept anything but a ridiculous grandfather offer for Butler. He may not be a superstar but he is a very good 2-way player locked up for the next few years at what will seem like a bargain contract in a few weeks. Should they rebuild? Yes don't resign the old guys sign some younger players and build with what they have. There is some young talent there. It was literally days ago many had Billy Donovan as not up to the task and now he is a win away from coaching in an NBA finals. Maybe Hoiberg with a younger roster and the right signings ends up being a good coach after all. The Bulls might be in some sort of no man's land but I think it makes slot of sense to see what Butler and the roster they surround him with can do next year. Assuming he can stay healthy his value is gonna stay pretty high.

The thing is here is where the NBA is a little broken. I think Jimmy butler is Damn good. But here is the thing is he to good for where the Bulls are at. That is weird I know but are they going to be stuck in the late lottery or low playoff team slot with him on the team really hindering the Bulls chances to get back to championship level. If they do the Cam proposed trade they add Russell, ingram. Will be bad next year add another top 5 pick in a projected better class they might be in business. But they are also a big market so maybe the can get big free agents.

Just a question who would you rather be in ranking order the Sixers lakers or the Bulls