Official 2016 Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Re: Official 2016 Draft Thread

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

Camden0916 wrote:Personally, if we decide to keep the draft pick, I just want to come away with one of:

1. Brandon Ingram
2. Ben Simmons
3. Jakob Poeltl
4. Jamal Murray
5. Buddy Hield

Give me one of those guys and I'll feel relatively happy with the pick. I can get behind all five pretty easily.

I can agree with this. I would look to trade the pick for a young vet or a nice package, but if we keep the pick we should end up with a nice player even in a down draft.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I don't know anything about him, but watching this Williams guy who's the Center for WVU would be a guy I would to either trade back into the first for or get back into the second round. The dude is a beast and he's the kind of beef we need in our frontcourt. I takes 2 guys to box him out on every shot.

Edit: He's only 6'9 which isn't good for a C so I'd stick to just a second round pick on him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:I don't know anything about him, but watching this Williams guy who's the Center for WVU would be a guy I would to either trade back into the first for or get back into the second round. The dude is a beast and he's the kind of beef we need in our frontcourt. I takes 2 guys to box him out on every shot.

Edit: He's only 6'9 which isn't good for a C so I'd stick to just a second round pick on him.

#2 CJ Williams for SFA is listed at 6'7" 240 lbs that had to be a joke. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

TRKO wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:Personally, if we decide to keep the draft pick, I just want to come away with one of:

1. Brandon Ingram
2. Ben Simmons
3. Jakob Poeltl
4. Jamal Murray
5. Buddy Hield

Give me one of those guys and I'll feel relatively happy with the pick. I can get behind all five pretty easily.

I can agree with this. I would look to trade the pick for a young vet or a nice package, but if we keep the pick we should end up with a nice player even in a down draft.

I think there are enough players I like that even if we don't get lucky and get a top pick we can still come away with a nice player.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

khans2k5 wrote:I don't know anything about him, but watching this Williams guy who's the Center for WVU would be a guy I would to either trade back into the first for or get back into the second round. The dude is a beast and he's the kind of beef we need in our frontcourt. I takes 2 guys to box him out on every shot.

I think I'd rather use a roster spot on Dubljevic, but I'm not super familiar with Devin Williams either. He's thick for sure, though.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:

I think I'd rather use a roster spot on Dubljevic, but I'm not super familiar with Devin Williams either. He's thick for sure, though.

I hate to get off topic but I feel a bit confused or uncertain about Dubljevic's contract status. Everything I see he signed a 3 year extension last May and it has an option for the 3rd year which seems to be 2017-2018 season. I would like to have him come over for next season but really I would just like to know what the actual options are. I thought there was talk that he was available after this season but maybe that was before he signed the latest deal?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

monsterpile wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I hate to get off topic but I feel a bit confused or uncertain about Dubljevic's contract status. Everything I see he signed a 3 year extension last May and it has an option for the 3rd year which seems to be 2017-2018 season. I would like to have him come over for next season but really I would just like to know what the actual options are. I thought there was talk that he was available after this season but maybe that was before he signed the latest deal?

I hadn't really thought about it, but I read something that said he'll be with Valencia for the next two seasons without a possibility of a buyout. That kinda sucks.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I hadn't really thought about it, but I read something that said he'll be with Valencia for the next two seasons without a possibility of a buyout. That kinda sucks.

It does suck because his skill set and physical presence would be a nice addition to this team. On the other hand he would be another young/lack of experienced player on a team that will likely be playing a lot of them. Having that roster spot could be a good thing I guess. The preference would be get him in next year but hopefully he develops a little more in Europe in another year over there. Sigh
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:

Devin Williams is a 6'9 255 brick shithouse. You guessed the wrong guy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Devin Williams is a 6'9 255 brick shithouse. You guessed the wrong guy.

Sorry for the confusion I was just making a comment about another player in that game that I thought his listed weight was amusing.