Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

TeamRicky wrote:Twolves like Dragan Bender with No. 5 pick. Scouts Calvin Booth and Zarko Durisic seen him here in workouts.

Source: David Pick on Twitter

Ricky, who is David Pick, and is he reliable? Also, where is the "here" they refer to?
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
TeamRicky wrote:Twolves like Dragan Bender with No. 5 pick. Scouts Calvin Booth and Zarko Durisic seen him here in workouts.

Ricky, who is David Pick, and is he reliable? Also, where is the "here" they refer to?

I first saw the news on Rotoworld and their sources are typically reliable. David Pick is a veteran pro basketball reporter covering overseas hoops and American players abroad since 2010. He lives in Israel. His work can also be found at Basketball Insiders. Link to his https://twitter.com/IAmDPickTwitter Account.

I believe "here" is Tel Aviv, Israel.

TeamRicky wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

I first saw the news on Rotoworld and their sources are typically reliable. David Pick is a veteran pro basketball reporter covering overseas hoops and American players abroad since 2010. His work can also be found at Basketball Insiders. Link to his https://twitter.com/IAmDPickTwitter Account.

If Pick is an overseas guy, "here" might mean Tel Aviv. So, it sounds like Booth and Djurisic are overseas scouting Bender.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
TeamRicky wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

I first saw the news on Rotoworld and their sources are typically reliable. David Pick is a veteran pro basketball reporter covering overseas hoops and American players abroad since 2010. His work can also be found at Basketball Insiders. Link to his https://twitter.com/IAmDPickTwitter Account.

If Pick is an overseas guy, "here" might mean Tel Aviv. So, it sounds like Booth and Djurisic are overseas scouting Bender.

Yeah, they are. I quoted another source a week ago that said Wolves have had multiple visits to watch Bender workout.
Monster

Post by Monster »

TeamRicky wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
TeamRicky wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Yeah, they are. I quoted another source a week ago that said Wolves have had multiple visits to watch Bender workout.

Yeah Pick is a pretty legit overseas guy he has reported a number of guys coming over and I think he was was one of the guys with the most info on Blatt when it was being talked about him coming to the NBA. Did Booth and Zarko say anything to him about liking him? or is he just assuming because they are watching a lot of workouts they are interested?

TeamRicky wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
TeamRicky wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

What's curious to me is several mocks have the Suns taking Bender with the 4th pick, and our Phoenix correspondent MikeAZ also has heard the Suns like him. So we know the Wolves are spending a lot of time with Ben Bentil (although they have no picks around his slot), and they are also apparently interested in Bender (who isn't expected to still be there at 5). So, I'm trying to piece together a deal that makes some sense out of all this.

The Suns were one of the teams that were interested in Shabazz last February. Might they take 5 and Shabazz for 4 and 28? Remember, they also have picks 13 and 34, so giving up a late first rounder might not seem like much of a cost to them. They could theoretically end up with Marquese Chriss, Brice Johnson and Thon Maker...plus Shabazz. Not a bad haul, and especially if they might think Bender is a couple years away from being productive.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

LST - it's all smoke screens. Some info is legit. Some info is not. Nobody is going to show their hand. It's down right futile for us to draw conclusions based on the tidbits that are tossed out there.

How long until the draft is over?

60WinTim wrote:LST - it's all smoke screens. Some info is legit. Some info is not. Nobody is going to show their hand. It's down right futile for us to draw conclusions based on the tidbits that are tossed out there.

60WinTim wrote:LST - it's all smoke screens. Some info is legit. Some info is not. Nobody is going to show their hand. It's down right futile for us to draw conclusions based on the tidbits that are tossed out there.

Ha, I know...I'll never learn!
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Agree Tim. These drafts work off the Gregorian calendar as opposed to the Twittorian calendar, thus it feels like it takes forever to happen....Something has to fill the void!
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Yep. I know this pretty well. Just a couple months ago, my Chargers drafted Joey Bosa No. 3 overall. They didn't even work him out! How bizarre is that? They studied his tape (the part of the scouting process that holds the most weight), liked what they saw, did their due diligence elsewhere, and eventually had him rated as the best overall talent in the entire draft. Nobody saw it coming. Front office was tight lipped from start to finish, though, there were leaks that "San Diego really likes DeForest Buckner" and "San Diego is set to take Ronnie Stanley at No. 3."

Basically, take all of these reports lightly because at the end of the day, it could be horseshit.

(The fact that we haven't heard much about Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield being linked to the Wolves might be a good thing if you're hoping for one of those players.)