Official 2016 Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Official 2016 Draft Thread

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

TRKO wrote:
TheFuture wrote:Sabonis may be my favorite player as well. You both had great descriptions of the type of talent he is, and what he can develop into. He has one of the lowest bust potential factors in my opinion. His floor is a Nick Collison, and anything more would be icing on the cake. That's the exact player at PF/C we need moving forward.

Collision is a good floor comparison. At minimum he is a quality bench big. I think he will be a 15/10 guy and play solid team ball on both ends of the floor. He is the type of player we need to compliment our big three.

There's only five players in the entire NBA averaging 15 PPG / 10 RPG: Towns, Davis, Drummond, Gasol and Cousins. I like Sabonis as much as the next guy, but I don't know if I could project him as an All-Star player just yet like those guys are.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

I still want to trade out of our pick if it's in the #3-#6 range. The nuggets and Celtics have a handful of picks, and could look to draft 2 top 10 talents this year. Our early first for 2 of their picks in the #14-24 range. Grab Sabonis with the earlier pick, and any of Grayson Allen, Wade Baldwin, Brice Johnson, Malcolm Brogdon, Taurean Prince, Gary Payton, or Skal with the later 1st. I'd be very happy with a draft like that.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

TheFuture wrote:I still want to trade out of our pick if it's in the #3-#6 range. The nuggets and Celtics have a handful of picks, and could look to draft 2 top 10 talents this year. Our early first for 2 of their picks in the #14-24 range. Grab Sabonis with the earlier pick, and any of Grayson Allen, Wade Baldwin, Brice Johnson, Malcolm Brogdon, Taurean Prince, Gary Payton, or Skal with the later 1st. I'd be very happy with a draft like that.

Depending on where we pick and who is available at our spot, a trade with the Nuggets for multiple picks could make sense. They have a lot of picks in the middle of the first round and I think there will be plenty of value outside of the lottery picks. In addition to the guys you mentioned, I like Luwawu, Valentine, McCaw and Deyonta Davis.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

Camden0916 wrote:
TRKO wrote:
TheFuture wrote:Sabonis may be my favorite player as well. You both had great descriptions of the type of talent he is, and what he can develop into. He has one of the lowest bust potential factors in my opinion. His floor is a Nick Collison, and anything more would be icing on the cake. That's the exact player at PF/C we need moving forward.

Collision is a good floor comparison. At minimum he is a quality bench big. I think he will be a 15/10 guy and play solid team ball on both ends of the floor. He is the type of player we need to compliment our big three.

There's only five players in the entire NBA averaging 15 PPG / 10 RPG: Towns, Davis, Drummond, Gasol and Cousins. I like Sabonis as much as the next guy, but I don't know if I could project him as an All-Star player just yet like those guys are.

I mistyped I apologize. What I meant to say is he could be, not will be. I see that potential in his game. He is a heck of a rebounder and is a solid offensive player. I think that's his ceiling with Collison being his floor.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Another name has been added to the field (maybe). Thon Maker should know by the end of this week if he is allowed to enter the NBA draft without going to college. Thon is a 7 foot 1 inch center who is ranked number 10 in his class (per 247sports). Thon is rail thin but he is a good jump shooter, can dribble and is good at blocking shots (at the high school level). He needs to have his body mature physically but he would be a interesting twist to this draft if he is allowed to enter
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

kekgeek1 wrote:Another name has been added to the field (maybe). Thon Maker should know by the end of this week if he is allowed to enter the NBA draft without going to college. Thon is a 7 foot 1 inch center who is ranked number 10 in his class (per 247sports). Thon is rail thin but he is a good jump shooter, can dribble and is good at blocking shots (at the high school level). He needs to have his body mature physically but he would be a interesting twist to this draft if he is allowed to enter

I really hope he's eligible. I'd add him to my list of draft hopefuls. Rare combination of skills for the measurables he has. In theory, he's the perfect big to put next to Towns. Shot-blocking plus play-making and perimeter shooting. Very hard to come by. Wish there was more video of him to analyze.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Camden wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Another name has been added to the field (maybe). Thon Maker should know by the end of this week if he is allowed to enter the NBA draft without going to college. Thon is a 7 foot 1 inch center who is ranked number 10 in his class (per 247sports). Thon is rail thin but he is a good jump shooter, can dribble and is good at blocking shots (at the high school level). He needs to have his body mature physically but he would be a interesting twist to this draft if he is allowed to enter

I really hope he's eligible. I'd add him to my list of draft hopefuls. Rare combination of skills for the measurables he has. In theory, he's the perfect big to put next to Towns. Shot-blocking plus play-making and perimeter shooting. Very hard to come by. Wish there was more video of him to analyze.

I agree wish there was more actual game film on him because all of the highlights that will be given will only show his positive attributes against high school competition. But in theory don't you think he could be like Porzingas. Who knows though, a year ago today Bragg, Diallo and Skal where all lottery picks and now look at them now. I don't think I would consider Maker at 5 at this moment. But if we trade back (not really what I would want to do). I would take a flyer on him
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

kekgeek1 wrote:
Camden wrote:

I agree wish there was more actual game film on him because all of the highlights that will be given will only show his positive attributes against high school competition. But in theory don't you think he could be like Porzingas. Who knows though, a year ago today Bragg, Diallo and Skal where all lottery picks and now look at them now. I don't think I would consider Maker at 5 at this moment. But if we trade back (not really what I would want to do). I would take a flyer on him

He couldn't be farther away from Porzingis. The reason why Thon wants to enter now is because he'd get further exposed in college. He's all hype. He's not really good at much and he'd be a massive project for any team at the pro level.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
Camden wrote:

He couldn't be farther away from Porzingis. The reason why Thon wants to enter now is because he'd get further exposed in college. He's all hype. He's not really good at much and he'd be a massive project for any team at the pro level.

What makes you say that (not saying you are wrong). He is listed 10th in his class, and projected late first round pick as of now. I have never seen him play in a full game so I can go on what I read, sounds like a interesting prospect and to be fair porzingas was supposed to be a massive project also
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
Camden wrote:

What makes you say that (not saying you are wrong). He is listed 10th in his class, and projected late first round pick as of now. I have never seen him play in a full game so I can go on what I read, sounds like a interesting prospect and to be fair porzingas was supposed to be a massive project also

The big difference was Porzingis had played in much higher competition playing over in Europe. He was a productive rotation player over there in the 2nd best league in the world playing against grown men. Judging by the tweets I read when googling Thon Maker's name it sounds like he is a pretty big project and he should have gone to college. I haven't watched the videos yet to see how skilled he is or isn't but I was one of the few people anywhere that said Porzingis could be a competent basketball player his rookie year because of his skill and freakish length and athletic ability. Flip even said he could end up being the best player in the draft. Porzingis was a big time prospect in a very good draft.