Official 2016 Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Re: Official 2016 Draft Thread

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Camden wrote:
TeamRicky wrote:Guys I want for the Wolves and I'll have a big KAT size grin on if we pick them:

Ingram
Simmons
Bender
Hield
McCaw
Payton (late first or second)
Valentine (in the 20s)

Guys I'd be ok with but not overly thrilled with:

Dunn
Poeltl
Brown
Labissiere
Ivan Robb (late teens)
Brice Johnson (in 20s)
Sabonis (in 20s)
Grayson Allen (late 20s)
Morris (2nd round)

Guys I'll vomit if we draft

Jamal Murray
Henry Ellenson
DeJounte Murray

You've been talking about Valentine like he's a top-eight player for weeks, maybe even months. Now he's in the 20's?

Earlier this month, you said:

First choice is Ingram, Second is Simmons, Third to Seventh are Bender, Brown, Dunn, Hield and Poeltl but I'm not sure in what order yet and there are variables between now and the draft where I think separation will occur. The next guys I like are Valentine and Skal. If McCaw came out he'd be among my lottery picks. I don't like Murray or Ellenson much at all. Baldwin is intriguing. Davis is intriguing. Payton is intriguing.

I can even remember you telling me that I was sleeping on Valentine, but I've said he was a lottery guy, fringe top-10 guy since the very beginning of the season. How did Valentine drop about 10 or more spots for you in just a couple weeks? This is an example of the type of inconsistencies that are hard for me to understand.

He didn't drop. Because I read all the mock drafts and that is where some are pegging him now. I don't draft Valentine or Gary Payton based on how valuable I think they are because common sense says you can get those players later. He's an absolute steal in the 20s is my opinion. I'd definitely consider him earlier though, but not in the top 7 if we keep our pick.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

khans2k5 wrote:I think getting Lucas fr from KU in the second round would be a good pickup. 6'10 250 and he already plays within himself. He looks a lot like Tyson Chandler and he has an NBA pedigree.

As a huge Kansas fan we don't want Lucas. Kansas dosen't have NBA players on their team this year. Wayne seldom is the only one I could see having a NBA career but even then I don't think so. (Wayne to me has been frustrating to me but in his career. But this year he has been so much more consistent)
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

kekgeek1 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:I think getting Lucas fr from KU in the second round would be a good pickup. 6'10 250 and he already plays within himself. He looks a lot like Tyson Chandler and he has an NBA pedigree.

As a huge Kansas fan we don't want Lucas. Kansas dosen't have NBA players on their team this year. Wayne seldom is the only one I could see having a NBA career but even then I don't think so. (Wayne to me has been frustrating to me but in his career. But this year he has been so much more consistent)

What's not NBA about 6'10 250 who rebounds and defends and doesn't demand the ball on offense? I'm not saying he's a steal, but he does exactly what you want a supporting big man to do. His game is no different than a Chandler or Deandre Jordan. He just doesn't have the physical traits that made them dominant forces at their peak, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good bench big.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Khans - Not a big deal. Those guys are like Hummel that can be good players on a roster that are always be found. Good camp fillers and possible 14/15 man.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I like Lucas to a certain extent too he seems like he could be a worthwhile depth guy. My guess is he would be a guy that goes undrafted. I may also like him because he looks like what might happen if Grant Hill and Corliss Williamson had a kid together. I loved Corliss Williamson at Arkansas and even had a #34 Arkansas jersey for a couple years till I sold it to a guy in college that was from there and was a huge Arkansas basketball fan.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I am an Iowa State guy so I am biased but does anyone think Niang has any shot at being an effective player at the Nba level or will he just have to end up settling for making lots of money playing the international game?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

khans2k5 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

What's not NBA about 6'10 250 who rebounds and defends and doesn't demand the ball on offense? I'm not saying he's a steal, but he does exactly what you want a supporting big man to do. His game is no different than a Chandler or Deandre Jordan. He just doesn't have the physical traits that made them dominant forces at their peak, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good bench big.

He has no offensive game at all. Not used much in PNR game. Not super athletic and usually if you have no offensive game in the NBA you need to make that up athletically and Lucas dosen't do that. He us a good help side defender. An ok rebounder. At absolute best he is Tarik black.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I am watching Gonzaga vs Syracuse and Sabonis has 11 rebounds at halftime. What impresses me about him is he makes the right rotations gets to the right spot on defense very well. Rebounding he is always boxing at least one guy out one time he boxed out 2 guys and Syracuse still got the rebound but it wasn't his fault that's for sure. Either was on fire in the first half. He is a fun player to watch shoot the ball. Syracuse was swarming on defense after getting carved up early and got back in the game.
The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341]

Post by The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341] »

monsterpile wrote:I am an Iowa State guy so I am biased but does anyone think Niang has any shot at being an effective player at the Nba level or will he just have to end up settling for making lots of money playing the international game?

In this new efficiency era he's kind of a perfect player, really craft and effective around the rim and also good from deep. He's not a great athlete but there are plenty of below average guys who've made it work. Could he be similar to Diaw?
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

monsterpile wrote:I am watching Gonzaga vs Syracuse and Sabonis has 11 rebounds at halftime. What impresses me about him is he makes the right rotations gets to the right spot on defense very well. Rebounding he is always boxing at least one guy out one time he boxed out 2 guys and Syracuse still got the rebound but it wasn't his fault that's for sure. Either was on fire in the first half. He is a fun player to watch shoot the ball. Syracuse was swarming on defense after getting carved up early and got back in the game.

Sabonis is a man playing amongst boys. I think he will only get stronger looking at his dad. He is going to have a long career in the NBA. I am not sure his ceilng, but he won't be a bust and likely be a solid starter on a playoff team for many years. I hope he is on our team.

Milt start working the phones to trade down to get him.