Wolves have just traded up to 6

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Re: Wolves have just traded up to 6

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

lipoli390 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:I'm still holding out hope that the Wolves come out of this draft with Garland. Culver makes little sense on this particular roster despite my thinking that he'll be a good player in the NBA.

If the plan is to hold on to Culver, I would have rather stayed at 11 at drafted Herro.

I'm with you, Cam. The Wolves took the player, Culver, who most had as the highest rated player on the board at that point. I'm
convinced they took him with the intent to trade him - with to the Cavs for Garland or down for a prospect like Herro and another asset. Or maybe Culver will be used as the key to a deal to clear cap for Russell.

I am hoping the new Front Office is playing chess and not checkers with there game plan. More to come would be nice
Monster

Post by Monster »

I would not be surprised if the Wolves trade Culver to go back down.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I think everything fell apart and we are scrambling big time after the Cavs took Garland. We shouldn't have made that trade before we knew our guy was available at 6. Cam Johnson might just be better than Culver and we lost Saric.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Suns are going to go all in on Russell.

THey reached for Johnson, but he was probably the best shooter in the draft.

Dlo, Booker, Johnson, and Saric. Thats a helluva lot of floor spacing for Ayton. Not sure of that defense though.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Garland is a huge risk. I will bet a dinner at Murray's with the first taker on this board that Culver's numbers in Y1 are better than Garlands.

I'll take the same bet in Y2.

We will use voting for ROY as measuring stick to determine winner.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

khans2k5 wrote:I think everything fell apart and we are scrambling big time after the Cavs took Garland. We shouldn't have made that trade before we knew our guy was available at 6. Cam Johnson might just be better than Culver and we lost Saric.

You are absolutely right, Kahn's!!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

leado01 wrote:Garland is a huge risk. I will bet a dinner at Murray's with the first taker on this board that Culver's numbers in Y1 are better than Garlands.

I'll take the same bet in Y2.

We will use voting for ROY as measuring stick to determine winner.

I'll take that bet.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

I'm in the "maybe he'll be pretty good after all" stage of the post-draft process while reading about the guy and watching full-game highlights.

I don't like how slow Culver is, I don't trust his shot (which we REALLY need), and I don't like how much his game seems to live in the midrange, but he's clearly a good ball-handler for a wing (better than Wiggins, Okogie, and Covington), he shows some real court awareness and passing ability, his rebounding is nice, and he shows some hustle/intangibles. He's slow, but he's actually making effort and making things happen out there (heads up passes, deflected balls, etc.).
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:You guys are funny. Looks like Rosas is o for 1. Culver is actually a Wiggins clone So you guys who hate Wig but are pleased about this pick have no clue.

The main reason I hate the pick is Culver was a complete no-show in the final four. If he can't handle those bright lights he can't handle NBA guards checking him. Losing Saric is no big deal, but Culver does nothing for us.

Culver is a wiggins clone with about 2/3rds the speed.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I had a feeling Detroit would take Sekou at 15th. Steal of draft so far. Ironically, same spot as Giannis (and Kawhi).