Wolves have just traded up to 6

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Re: Wolves have just traded up to 6

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

What would it take to get garland at this point from Cleveland? Could Teague be a chip?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

KiwiMatt wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:Cleveland wants shooters: Garland and now Windler.

Cleveland's front office looks a lot smarter than Rosas. Rosas gave up Saric and #11 to draft a guy who shot 30.4% from behind the college arc and 70% from the free-throw line. NBADraftnet.com gave Culver's ballhandling a ratting of 7, which is a bit of a red flag for a SG prospect. I thought his handle was suspect in the games I saw him play. He looks relatively slow and mechanical. He's not explosive. And his 8'4.5 overhead reach isn't particularly impressive.

Rosas traded up for Darius Garland. Everyone knew it. Yet, apparently, Rosas didn't know for sure whether he could get Garland. That's really bad. Total amateur. This was a bad night for Rosas -- unless he does something smart to redeem himself tonight. But I don't see him redeeming himself tonight. And based on his amateurism tonight, I don't trust him to make good moves going forward.

It was a gamble Lip that didn't pay off. But at least we got Culver and not Coby White.

Culver has a suspect handle thats for sure, but It was still good enough to get to the rim. Reminds me of Wiggins with his array of driving moves. Let just hope it develops better than Wiggin's handle has.

I'm not concerned about the 3pt shooting. He has good shooting mechanics and all the experts are saying a lot of his shots from behind the arc came late in the shot clock and often under double teams. He has the length to get shots up which is promosing.

I'm most excited about his high IQ and motor, work ethic and versatility. I think its a solid pick and it only really cost us one year of Saric who wasn't a good fit anyways.

I see your point, Matt. But good front office executives don't gamble like that. They give up assets to get what they want only when they know they'll get what they want. In my view, Culver is no better than any number of players we could have drafted at #11. And drafting one of those guys at #11, the Wolves would still have had Saric as a player or as another trade asset. Oh, and the #11 salary would cost less than #6. I can't help but see this as a boneheaded amateurish move by Rosas.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

If we somehow get Claxton or Bol Bol at 43, I'll feel a lot better about our draft.

Bruno Fernando is another consensus first rounder that is still available.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

The Cavs have had a great night -- ending up with Darius Garland, David Windler and Kevin Porter Jr.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Bruno Fernando is still available.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Claxton, Bol, Fernando and Okpala. I hope we get one of them. If not, I'm fine with the guy with the 8 foot wingspan.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Im okay with the culver pick. He is the highest rank prospect when we pick and he is a two way wing.

The key to the off season now is packaging covington and teague/dieng to shed salary for a run at dlo. I think its possible as covington has positive value that can be attached to teague(expiring) and dieng. We can make a run at dlo then.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

lipoli390 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:Cleveland wants shooters: Garland and now Windler.

Cleveland's front office looks a lot smarter than Rosas. Rosas gave up Saric and #11 to draft a guy who shot 30.4% from behind the college arc and 70% from the free-throw line. NBADraftnet.com gave Culver's ballhandling a ratting of 7, which is a bit of a red flag for a SG prospect. I thought his handle was suspect in the games I saw him play. He looks relatively slow and mechanical. He's not explosive. And his 8'4.5 overhead reach isn't particularly impressive.

Rosas traded up for Darius Garland. Everyone knew it. Yet, apparently, Rosas didn't know for sure whether he could get Garland. That's really bad. Total amateur. This was a bad night for Rosas -- unless he does something smart to redeem himself tonight. But I don't see him redeeming himself tonight. And based on his amateurism tonight, I don't trust him to make good moves going forward.

Lip, you know I love ya, but you're going off the rocker on this one. You're basically implying you know exactly what Rosas was thinking and you can't be wrong.

I fully believe (and I said so to one of my friends about 30 minutes before the draft) that Rosas has 2 guys in mind at #6, Garland and one other player. I fully expected Hunter to go #4, and I was about 66% sure Cleveland would go Garland at #5. Given that logic, I wanted Garland, but thought it was a good shot we'd end up with White or Culver. We didn't shock Bilas or Billups with the move, so why is everyone here so shocked?

Additionally, we weren't going to re-sign Saric after this year, and if the Wolves truly are trying to obtain D'Angelo Russell, then drafting a PG doesn't make sense. And if anything, this at the very lease limits Wiggins time on the court further, which in itself should be a positive move for the team's efficiency.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Lip you've breached all year about the higher the pick the better odds of the prospect panning out. Well the wolves moved up, drafted a higher player by all projections, while giving up little in assets to do so.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

KiwiMatt wrote:Now lets just pray Claxton's is available at 43. Wishful thinking I reckon!

I think he'll be gone at pick 31