Wolves in the DLO SnT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Wolves in the DLO SnT

Post by Monster »

And now we got Jordon Bell for the minimum. So basically instead of Russell we got Jordon Bell, Napier, Graham and Cash. Not exciting but this guys make less than 5 million combined.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

sjm34 wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:lol.. so the one tiny tiny tiny chance for DLO to still go to MN if the Nets/Warriors S&T deals failed to be completed and the Wolves decide to help facilitate it instead?

WTF is their end game??? lol

Not sure I would want Russell at that cost.

It wouldn't be at that cost. Nets know the Warriors are over a barrel if they want Russell and are taking advantage of it. I'm guessing they were also expecting to get something in a 3 team trade with the Wolves as well so maybe they pushed them to give more.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

lipoli390 wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:lol.. so the one tiny tiny tiny chance for DLO to still go to MN if the Nets/Warriors S&T deals failed to be completed and the Wolves decide to help facilitate it instead?

This whole thing is really strange. I'm still trying to figure out why Rosas released Cam Reynolds even though Cam's contract was non-guaranteed. I'm hoping there are logical explanations for all of this based on information we're not privy to. But I can't help but become increasingly skeptical. I refuse to believe that we have the second coming of David Kahn running our front office. It can't be that bad, can it??

Yeah I just don't get it on any front. WTF are the Warriors doing giving up all that for Russell when they already have 2 HOF starting guards (once Klay is back).

Then on the Wolves front with EVERYTHING pointing to him coming here and signs/hints that it was basically a done deal. Now after getting punched in the gut, we're helping the bully who punched us L O L

As far as Rosas, there's so much craziness going on with free agency that I really don't even know what level of blame falls on him. Did Dallas or another team screw him over? Did Russell flake last minute? Hard to say.
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheGrey08 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

This whole thing is really strange. I'm still trying to figure out why Rosas released Cam Reynolds even though Cam's contract was non-guaranteed. I'm hoping there are logical explanations for all of this based on information we're not privy to. But I can't help but become increasingly skeptical. I refuse to believe that we have the second coming of David Kahn running our front office. It can't be that bad, can it??

Yeah I just don't get it on any front. WTF are the Warriors doing giving up all that for Russell when they already have 2 HOF starting guards (once Klay is back).

Then on the Wolves front with EVERYTHING pointing to him coming here and signs/hints that it was basically a done deal. Now after getting punched in the gut, we're helping the bully who punched us L O L

As far as Rosas, there's so much craziness going on with free agency that I really don't even know what level of blame falls on him. Did Dallas or another team screw him over? Did Russell flake last minute? Hard to say.

Look at it a different way. What if there were 5 teams perfectly willing to take those players back. What if the Nets actually told the Wolves they had first shot at getting 2 possible rotation players sign for dirt cheap plus some cash. It's possible the Wolves got some value from this deal. No reason to turn that down out of sour grapes.
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

At some point DLO will be traded by the Warriors....would they take Wiggins? He's a young version of Iggy and with the right coaching on the defensive end will be what the Warriors need. DLO just dosnt fit there.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

monsterpile wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:

Look at it a different way. What if there were 5 teams perfectly willing to take those players back. What if the Nets actually told the Wolves they had first shot at getting 2 possible rotation players sign for dirt cheap plus some cash. It's possible the Wolves got some value from this deal. No reason to turn that down out of sour grapes.

That's a fair point.

Also, John K is indicating Russell just hadn't agreed with the Wolves and when the Warriors stupidly swooped in, he just went that route. That's gotta be a punch in the nuts to KAT. Hopefully this just adds more fuel to the fire for KAT AND Wiggins.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

So Napier & Graham have non guaranteed contracts?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Tactical unit wrote:So Napier & Graham have non guaranteed contracts?

Until the 10th yes
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

maelstrom11 wrote:At some point DLO will be traded by the Warriors....would they take Wiggins? He's a young version of Iggy and with the right coaching on the defensive end will be what the Warriors need. DLO just dosnt fit there.

Wiggins is not the young version of Iggy. Not even close. He's not even as good as the really old version of Iggy.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

On the bright side (or Monster/Tim side?), it was nice to see everybody contributing to the forum yesterday, even if I felt it wouldn't work out (this is still a team run by Glen Taylor after all). The excitement and disappointed has lead to a lot of good back and forth, even if some of it is a little over the top emotionally. I mean heck, even TheGrey and Mr. Hockey showed back up after all this time, suspiciously at the exact same time....hmmmm. Must be the same person ;). Anywho, I would invite all my fellow forum users to join in the SP/Sab idea of having none to negative expectations of this organization, it makes everything much easier to accept, and when good things happen (Wiggins being butthurt) so much more enjoyable