Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Re: Timberwolves Draft Prospect Analysis Thread

Post by bleedspeed »

Damn it Abe - Don't steal my thunder.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I was at Walmart one night here in Nebraska wearing an old UCLA sweatshirt. An employee came up and excitedly asked "Did you play basketball at UCLA?!?" I was kinda stunned and after quite a pause I replied "I'm 5'10" and white what are the chances?" The poor guy just turned around in disappointment.

Still I think that shows I should get a look at a multi year 2-way contract or at least one of the exhibit 10 deals where I get $50,000 to come to training came and end up as a G-league affiliate player. I have a ton of family in the Des Moines area so they will really bring up the attendance at Iowa Wolves games. Time to go work on my jump shot and do some carb loading.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

That is pretty tough to beat.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm so sick of monster's incessant bragging and one-upmanship around here and at Walmart.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I'll put my hat in the ring. I had a 27.5 inch standing vertical in high school (20 years ago). I'm 5-10 and 190. I have played in plenty of pick up games at Lifetime. Fitness My shot usually gets blocked when I play against college players who are 6-6 or taller. I can't shoot well, nor is my handle good. My endurance is terrible and I'm slow. My rebounding sucks. Please draft me.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Wow. I'm suddenly realizing I might have to play PF on the mythical MinnesotaSports men's league hoops team since I have such a massive height advantage.

That's not gonna be good for anybody...
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Wow. I'm suddenly realizing I might have to play PF on the mythical MinnesotaSports men's league hoops team since I have such a massive height advantage.

That's not gonna be good for anybody...

I'm like 5'11 3/8" with shoes so I'm calling C plus I have PG skills. The league is never gonna see what hit them.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I didn't play basketball in high school just football, but I did play in pickup games in my 20's off west 7. I got handed the assignment of guarding Kevin Lynch who was home for the summer from pro-balling in Europe. He could make it reign over me all day due me being only being 6'2", but on the other end, he guarded our top guy who was a former D2 player that could stroke it from deep, quick like a cat, and hops like a rabbit. We played together enough that he knew I could set a screen and he would put it on the deck and run off my shoulder and reign in 3's. Lynch never had a chance. My only chance on D was boxing out, but Kevin got his share of offensive boards either way. Not sure who won, but it was a fun day.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I only played hockey throughout my youth, so if we're in need of a quality hip check off the bench, I'll be way down in the last chair at the end!
Monster

Post by Monster »

This is one guy I'm pretty sure Q will say can't be an option for any of our picks...

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1128728842510663681

"Indiana's Romeo Langford official measurements at the NBA Combine: 6'6 with shoes, 6'11 wingspan, 8'7 standing reach, no weight or body fat."

This comment still has me rolling.

https://twitter.com/ilikethisteam11/status/1128729081338572806

"Langford in a defensive stance:"

Personally I think my concern is that offensive players would go right through him.