Wolves offseason thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Wolves offseason thread

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:"I'd go as far as to say Wig expended more energy than KAT on defense last year."

Well, that's quite a reach in my view, but Wiggins expended more energy than he has in past seasons and at this point that's about all you can realistically ask of him.

Well said, Cam.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Kat doesnt exactly seem eager to sign that extension.

Taylor might have to make some tough choices; kat or thibs/butler.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

crazy-canuck wrote:Kat doesnt exactly seem eager to sign that extension.

Where did you hear that all the reports are he is making good progress on signing the extension.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek1 wrote:

Where did you hear that all the reports are he is making good progress on signing the extension.

I haven't seen anything specifically related to progress in KAT's extension negotiations. Actually, there really isn't anything to negotiate. But if you watch KAT's recent interview on KSTP TV today from the Wolves Basketball Academy, you'll see that KAT's not happy with the current situation. Whether it's Butler or Thibs or some combination of the two isn't clear, but it doesn't take much of a deduction to know it's one or both of the above.

Now that Kawhi has been dealt, it's time to focus on moving Jimmy Butler. The Wolves should zero in on the Celtics and Sixers as probably the best trade partners for a Butler deal this summer.

Apparently, the Celtics were unwilling to give up Jaylen Brown for Kawhi because of uncertainty regarding Kawhi's health and the fact that Kawhi's camp has been clear about his desire to play in LA. But Jimmy doesn't carry the same health issues that go with Kawhi after he missed and entire season. And the fact that Kawhi is already in Boston and that he and Jimmy want to play together would give Butler a strong incentive to resign with the Celtics. Jaylen Brown and the Kings 2019 first round pick (top 1 protected) would be the assets I'd go after as part of a Butler deal.

The Sixers made a play for LeBron and were apparently in talks to acquire Kawhi. So it's clear that the Sixers are looking to add an experienced all-star wing to their young core. One report had the Sixers offering Covington, Saric and Miami's unprotected 2021 first round pick. If we could get the same deal plus Sacramento's 2019 2nd round pick for Butler and Gorgui, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Easy choice. I'll even help Thibs pack his bags.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Butler for Korkmaz, Luwawu, Holmes, Chandler (salary filler) and two firsts (which includes Kings pick). http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybnhur9u
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

kekgeek1 wrote:

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1019734121038442496

Maybe Im just reading into things that just might not be there.

Him and wiggins both seem to say similar things regarding their extensions. Both those guys are and were loyal to flip and IM not so sure they are relating well with thibs. It just isnt fun for them
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

KG4Ever wrote:Butler for Korkmaz, Luwawu, Holmes, Chandler (salary filler) and two firsts (which includes Kings pick). http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybnhur9u

This would be atrocious.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

lipoli390 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

I haven't seen anything specifically related to progress in KAT's extension negotiations. Actually, there really isn't anything to negotiate. But if you watch KAT's recent interview on KSTP TV today from the Wolves Basketball Academy, you'll see that KAT's not happy with the current situation. Whether it's Butler or Thibs or some combination of the two isn't clear, but it doesn't take much of a deduction to know it's one or both of the above.

Now that Kawhi has been dealt, it's time to focus on moving Jimmy Butler. The Wolves should zero in on the Celtics and Sixers as probably the best trade partners for a Butler deal this summer.

Apparently, the Celtics were unwilling to give up Jaylen Brown for Kawhi because of uncertainty regarding Kawhi's health and the fact that Kawhi's camp has been clear about his desire to play in LA. But Jimmy doesn't carry the same health issues that go with Kawhi after he missed and entire season. And the fact that Kawhi is already in Boston and that he and Jimmy want to play together would give Butler a strong incentive to resign with the Celtics. Jaylen Brown and the Kings 2019 first round pick (top 1 protected) would be the assets I'd go after as part of a Butler deal.

The Sixers made a play for LeBron and were apparently in talks to acquire Kawhi. So it's clear that the Sixers are looking to add an experienced all-star wing to their young core. One report had the Sixers offering Covington, Saric and Miami's unprotected 2021 first round pick. If we could get the same deal plus Sacramento's 2019 2nd round pick for Butler and Gorgui, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Jimmy is not getting traded before the season starts. Thibs is not getting fired before the season starts. It's time to move on.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

khans2k5 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

Jimmy is not getting traded before the season starts. Thibs is not getting fired before the season starts. It's time to move on.

You mean prepare to move back.