5 to 9th seed is still up!!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TXviking [enjin:6602528]

5 to 9th seed is still up!!

Post by TXviking [enjin:6602528] »

Stating tonight and Wednesday we are scoreboard watching.

If Utah losses both games (tonight and Wednesday) to Golden State and Portland
AND OKC losses to Memphis
AND we win...........5th seed

If Utah losses both games (tonight and Wednesday) to Golden State and Portland
AND OKC wins
AND we win...........6th seed

If Utah losses ONE game (tonight or Wednesday) to Golden State or Portland
AND OKC losses to Memphis
AND we win...........6th seed

If Utah losses ONE game (tonight or Wednesday) to Golden State or Portland
AND San Antonio beats New Orleans
AND OKC wins
AND we win..........7th seed

If Utah wins one OR none
AND New Orleans wins
AND OKC wins
AND we win..........8th seed

Help me if I'm wrong
Big O [enjin:13874644]

Re: 5 to 9th seed is still up!!

Post by Big O [enjin:13874644] »

you forgot the most likely scenario - Wolves lose to Denver and we end up in the lottery with the least number of ping pong balls...
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Yeah, I just don't see us winning the game, so all the other scenarios are of little interest. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I just think Denver is peaking now that they are finally all healthy.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Given that we've had no help to this point from anyone we needed help from, I'm gonna assume we are playing for 8th. Win and in. Lose and out.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Last week knowing we went 2-1 against Denver and barely lost on the road without Butler, I would predict a high probability of a win tonight. After watching this team play over the last few games, I am not sure they belong in the PO's.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:Yeah, I just don't see us winning the game, so all the other scenarios are of little interest. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I just think Denver is peaking now that they are finally all healthy.

The counter argument to this is Denver has been bad on the road and honestly i'm Gonna say this again for like the 48th time. Denver isn't that great certainly not head and shoulders better than the Wolves.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Good stuff, TX...man, what an exciting finish to a season.

I actually think we beat Denver tomorrow. As I have mentioned before, their record is inflated because of the difficulties visiting teams have with the altitude...hence, their 31-10 home record is better than any team other than the Raptors, Rockets and Spurs. But this is a road game and the altitude isn't going to help them. Their 15-25 road record will be facing the Wolves' 29-11 home record, and they have exactly ONE road victory in 2018 against a Western playoff team. The Wolves have been a disappointment to me this year, but I don't see warriors like Butler, Towns and Gibson letting this one get away.

I think I now know who we need to cheer for (and against) to avoid the dreaded 8th seed.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

monsterpile wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Yeah, I just don't see us winning the game, so all the other scenarios are of little interest. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I just think Denver is peaking now that they are finally all healthy.

The counter argument to this is Denver has been bad on the road and honestly i'm Gonna say this again for like the 48th time. Denver isn't that great certainly not head and shoulders better than the Wolves.

They haven't really played with a full deck all season. They are healthy now and on a good winning streak.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Q12543 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

They haven't really played with a full deck all season. They are healthy now and on a good winning streak.

True, but how many teams have played with a full deck? Because the Wolves have had such terrible luck with injuries in the past decade, we tend to think they have been healthy this year. But 3 of their top 7 scorers played fewer than 70 games this season, including their best player in Butler who has played only 58. Only 2 of Denver's top 7 played less than 70 games, and by far their best player (Jokic) has only missed 6 games. Both teams are relatively healthy now, and the fact remains: the Wolves are a damn good home team, and the Nuggets are a crappy road team. The Wolves will be outcoached as usual, but they simply don't have the raw talent the Wolves have and generally need the thin air of 5500 feet altitude to look really good. I think a Nuggets win tomorrow would be a pretty big upset.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Early line is wolves by 3