kekgeek

Jimmy Butler fed up with Towns

Post by kekgeek »

https://t.co/Pp9vdQ1pD6

Looks like Jimmy wants to join kyrie in the east next year
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Re: Jimmy Butler fed up with Towns

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

The not signing an extension isn't really news he wasn't going to sacrifice money by signing earlier than he needs to.

I'm not surprised with any star out west wanting to migrate east now that LeBron is gone. Pairing up with another star in New York or Brooklyn and getting a free pass to the playoffs beats having to fight every night with no guarantee for the playoffs in the West.

Wolves might as well fold the Target Center up if they choose to trade Butler instead of forcing him to turn down the cash. We're basically accepting our role as farm system otherwise. Then we can do it all again when KAT wants brighter lights in two to three years. Then the next "star" and the next.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I'm fed up with all parties involved.

For a team that brought us our greatest joy since 2004, Ryan Saunders might be the only likeable person in that organization.

Because this team lacks a strong owner, this is gonna continue.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

WildWolf2813 wrote:I'm fed up with all parties involved.

For a team that brought us our greatest joy since 2004, Ryan Saunders might be the only likeable person in that organization.

kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:I'm fed up with all parties involved.

Can't argue there
Sundog [enjin:18897165]

Post by Sundog [enjin:18897165] »

Look... of *course* he's disappointed with the laisez faire attitude of the young guys -- he and Taj were brought in specifically to try to change that attitude. It's *good* that he's letting them know, calling them out. Towns and Wiggins need to continue to toughen up if they are going to reach their potential, and the Wolves need them to do that sooner, rather than later. My only complaint about this report is that I'd rather Jimmy be recruiting Kyrie to come west to Minnesota - and if Towns and Wiggins respond they way they should to Butler, adding toughness to their innate talents, that'll be all the recruiting that's necessary.

But now that I think a little more about it, I'm betting if Jimmy feels this way, he's said it to Towns and Wiggins, rather than say it to a reporter. That doesn't seem like his style.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Just trade Towns and Teague for Flat Earth and another piece. Marcus Smart? Let Taj or G start at center.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Britt Robson tweet...

brittrobson @brittrobson
2m2 minutes ago
If anyone believes Joe Cowley is an agenda-free, objective reporter, then they are a lousy judge of character. Ignore the bullshit. Butler, Thibs, Towns, Wiggins are together for the 2018-19 season. Everyone knows the rubber meets the road a year from now. Many Q answered by then
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Kyrie is by far my favorite non -Wolf to watch, we need to move Wiggins next offseason and go get Irving!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Butler's agent said the Crowley report is BS. His agent said that if Butler has a problem with someone he'll say it himself directly, not passive-aggressively through some reporter. That rings true based on everything we've heard about Butler. So I don't believe the report and neither does Robson, who's pretty plugged in and attuned to all things Wolves.

However, if the report is true, then Butler's acting like a sniping little bitch and I'd trade him this summer. Of course, I wanted to trade him draft night. So true or not, I'd look to trade Butler and Gorgui to the Celtics for Horford, Jayson Tatum and next summer's top 1 protected first round pick Boston received form the Sixers last summer (the Kings pick, which is likely to be top 5). If Boston turned that down, I'd substitute Gibson for Gorgui and I'll bet the Celtics would take it. Getting Butler might be enough to persuade Kyrie to sign long term this summer and that would further entice the Celtics to do that deal.