Jimmy Butler fed up with Towns

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Jimmy Butler fed up with Towns

Post by Lipoli390 »

BloopOracle wrote:Kyrie is by far my favorite non -Wolf to watch, we need to move Wiggins next offseason and go get Irving!

We won't have the cap room to get Kyrie even if we trade Wiggins to a below-cap team and get no players in return. We should have trade Wiggins last summer to Cleveland for Kyrie. If we had kept Rubio, I'm guessing we could have packaged Ricky and Wiggins together for Kyrie. But Thibodeau was hell bent on trading Ricky and really wanted Teague.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

How bad is Kyrie's injury? I know he says it was a fluke, but I don't like that injury history at all. I'm still quite happy where our core is at. I'm worried about our bench depth and how much Thibs will actually play the bench but I have this weird suspicion that Okogie is going to buck the trend and get some PT from Thibs. This back and forth from Jimmy is just two alphas marking their territory. No problem running our core back for one more. Or maybe the sky is falling. Who knows?
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

60WinTim wrote:Britt Robson tweet...

brittrobson @brittrobson
2m2 minutes ago
If anyone believes Joe Cowley is an agenda-free, objective reporter, then they are a lousy judge of character. Ignore the bullshit. Butler, Thibs, Towns, Wiggins are together for the 2018-19 season. Everyone knows the rubber meets the road a year from now. Many Q answered by then

Yeah, I used to think Cowley was plugged in and reliable, but then he adamently said the bulls would never agree to take lavine. So much for cowley.

KAT has his defensive struggles we all know, but he always seems to play hard. I could see butler being frustrated with Wiggins, but this report seems fishy
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

It's so frustrating small market teams can't win literally or figuratively. "Your star player wants to leave in a year better trade him or you're fucked" Trade him and get $0.50 on the $1.00. Wolves lost the KG trade, lost the Big Al trade, lost the Kevin Love trade, etc.

It's been over half a decade for Minnesota, Utah, Denver, and Orlando and none of them are in any better spot now than they were in with their disgrunted star. Tough luck for Minnesota, Utah, and Denver they're still seasons away from relevancy with Golden State and LeBron looming over the west.

Or wait a season and luckily re-sign player "You're paying 'player x' this much in 2021? you're fucked"

Screw it let's hope the Wolves never get good players. Get a roster of 7th men and overpay them so they'll be content and stay. /s
Monster

Post by Monster »

What's sad about all this shit is it's making Butler looks like a bad guy and I don't think he is. Do I think he gets grumpy and stubborn and wants his ways sometimes? Sure sure but he doesn't seem like a guy that does this kind of stuff. Like his agent said he would be pretty upfront about it. I think if he was this pissed off about Wiggins and Towns Thibs would know and would have some weight of this on him. Meanwhile Thibs seems as relaxed and confident (during the press conferences etc) and happy as I have seen him since taking the job. Maybe he is uber confident and so stubborn that he just can't see beyond but if things were anywhere as bad as some reports or people blowing things out to be I think it would show at least somewhat.

Crowley going out of his way and calling Britt Robson a clown doesn't going to games and going after Wolfson (Wolfson I could see) is classless and makes him sound like a real dick. What is this guy's deal?
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

According to bulls guys, this cowley guy is a hack when it comes to garpax. But he is plugged in to jimmy. He is to jimmy what windhorst is to lebron.

This wouldnt be the first time for jimmy to throw his team under the bus, he did it just last year.

Hopefully, cowley is just Chicago's version of wolfson.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

foye2smith wrote:It's so frustrating small market teams can't win literally or figuratively. "Your star player wants to leave in a year better trade him or you're fucked" Trade him and get $0.50 on the $1.00. Wolves lost the KG trade, lost the Big Al trade, lost the Kevin Love trade, etc.

It's been over half a decade for Minnesota, Utah, Denver, and Orlando and none of them are in any better spot now than they were in with their disgrunted star. Tough luck for Minnesota, Utah, and Denver they're still seasons away from relevancy with Golden State and LeBron looming over the west.

Or wait a season and luckily re-sign player "You're paying 'player x' this much in 2021? you're fucked"

Screw it let's hope the Wolves never get good players. Get a roster of 7th men and overpay them so they'll be content and stay. /s

Then we need people running the Wolves organization who won't constantly lose trades and make poor draft decisions. I mentioned it in another thread and I'll do it again here. No one was flocking to Golden State when they were dwelling near the bottom of the standings for years. The Warriors have never been one of the NBA's iconic franchises. They made a string of terrific draft decisions, drafting Curry at #7, Klay Thompson at #11 and Draymond Green in the second round. They drafted Harrison Barnes with the 7th pick, traded for Iggy while he was still in his prime and they hired a young very smart head coach who can relate to players. The then won an NBA championship before Kevin Durant ever went there. To sign Durant, the Warriors front office had to think steps ahead and intelligently manage their cap situation. That Warriors success is all earned.

The Wolves problems aren't rooted in the cold winter weather or the lack of an iconic brand like Lakers, Knicks or Celtics. The Wolves problems are rooted in an owner who hires mediocre to bad front office executives to run the basketball operations. And the mediocrity runs downhill to choice of coaches and player personnel decisions. In this last instance, Taylor hired a head coach out of touch with today's NBA and also make him PBO even though he'd never even worked in a front office much less led one. Mediocrity throughout the Wolves organization. Is it any wonder the team is mediocre. There is obviously dissension in the organization and among players right now. A good organization would fix it. Under Glen Taylor those problems will just fester and get worse.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Sure you need to make the best picks or win trades, but all is moot if you can't develop players.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

crazy-canuck wrote:Sure you need to make the best picks or win trades, but all is moot if you can't develop players.

You're right!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Buler should have been traded already and this is one example why. It would be a great move to trae him befrore the season and acquire some more younger talent an draft assets.