Jimmy Butler fed up with Towns

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Re: Jimmy Butler fed up with Towns

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Thibs and butler vs the team.

wiggs for noah.

Kat and teague for deng and fillers.

Jimmy and thibs can get their boys back.

Your 2019 timberwolves starters:

Rose
Jimmy
Deng
Taj
Noah
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

thedoper wrote:Wow the sky really is falling. This has been the most overblown offseason ever. Surpassing all of those losing years when we were god awful with no hope. Jimmy, KAT, and Wiggins are still a great basketball 3. Just get them together and make it work. They made small strides last year, need bigger ones this year.

Definitely an impressive 3 on paper. They took us to the 8th seed in the playoffs last season and maybe they can take us further this upcoming season.

On the bright side, if jimmy does leave, taylor likely boots thibs to the curb.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

foye2smith wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
foye2smith wrote:It's so frustrating small market teams can't win literally or figuratively. "Your star player wants to leave in a year better trade him or you're fucked" Trade him and get $0.50 on the $1.00. Wolves lost the KG trade, lost the Big Al trade, lost the Kevin Love trade, etc.

It's been over half a decade for Minnesota, Utah, Denver, and Orlando and none of them are in any better spot now than they were in with their disgrunted star. Tough luck for Minnesota, Utah, and Denver they're still seasons away from relevancy with Golden State and LeBron looming over the west.

Or wait a season and luckily re-sign player "You're paying 'player x' this much in 2021? you're fucked"

Screw it let's hope the Wolves never get good players. Get a roster of 7th men and overpay them so they'll be content and stay. /s

Then we need people running the Wolves organization who won't constantly lose trades and make poor draft decisions. I mentioned it in another thread and I'll do it again here. No one was flocking to Golden State when they were dwelling near the bottom of the standings for years. The Warriors have never been one of the NBA's iconic franchises. They made a string of terrific draft decisions, drafting Curry at #7, Klay Thompson at #11 and Draymond Green in the second round. They drafted Harrison Barnes with the 7th pick, traded for Iggy while he was still in his prime and they hired a young very smart head coach who can relate to players. The then won an NBA championship before Kevin Durant ever went there. To sign Durant, the Warriors front office had to think steps ahead and intelligently manage their cap situation. That Warriors success is all earned.

The Wolves problems aren't rooted in the cold winter weather or the lack of an iconic brand like Lakers, Knicks or Celtics. The Wolves problems are rooted in an owner who hires mediocre to bad front office executives to run the basketball operations. And the mediocrity runs downhill to choice of coaches and player personnel decisions. In this last instance, Taylor hired a head coach out of touch with today's NBA and also make him PBO even though he'd never even worked in a front office much less led one. Mediocrity throughout the Wolves organization. Is it any wonder the team is mediocre. There is obviously dissension in the organization and among players right now. A good organization would fix it. Under Glen Taylor those problems will just fester and get worse.

And that's why the 2nd beat player in the league is elbowing his way out of arguably the best run sports organization for the last two decade.

Just seems like the standard for small market organizations is to be damn near infallible.

I don't think the Leonard situation has anything to do with market size. Never underestimate the size of the NBA player ego. Leonard feels he was disrespected by Spurs management about his injury, and that is what is driving him out of town. There are multiple examples of small market teams attracting and retaining star players. Look at OkC with Westbrook and George. Miami is a smaller market than Minneapolis, but still attracted a Big 3 that won a championship. Conversely, the three biggest markets (NYC, Chicago and LA) four teams have been flops for several years. As Thorpe said, player movement is more about money, quality of organization and chance of winning...and I would add relationships to that list (sometimes players move to play with someone they really like).
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:
foye2smith wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
foye2smith wrote:It's so frustrating small market teams can't win literally or figuratively. "Your star player wants to leave in a year better trade him or you're fucked" Trade him and get $0.50 on the $1.00. Wolves lost the KG trade, lost the Big Al trade, lost the Kevin Love trade, etc.

It's been over half a decade for Minnesota, Utah, Denver, and Orlando and none of them are in any better spot now than they were in with their disgrunted star. Tough luck for Minnesota, Utah, and Denver they're still seasons away from relevancy with Golden State and LeBron looming over the west.

Or wait a season and luckily re-sign player "You're paying 'player x' this much in 2021? you're fucked"

Screw it let's hope the Wolves never get good players. Get a roster of 7th men and overpay them so they'll be content and stay. /s

Then we need people running the Wolves organization who won't constantly lose trades and make poor draft decisions. I mentioned it in another thread and I'll do it again here. No one was flocking to Golden State when they were dwelling near the bottom of the standings for years. The Warriors have never been one of the NBA's iconic franchises. They made a string of terrific draft decisions, drafting Curry at #7, Klay Thompson at #11 and Draymond Green in the second round. They drafted Harrison Barnes with the 7th pick, traded for Iggy while he was still in his prime and they hired a young very smart head coach who can relate to players. The then won an NBA championship before Kevin Durant ever went there. To sign Durant, the Warriors front office had to think steps ahead and intelligently manage their cap situation. That Warriors success is all earned.

The Wolves problems aren't rooted in the cold winter weather or the lack of an iconic brand like Lakers, Knicks or Celtics. The Wolves problems are rooted in an owner who hires mediocre to bad front office executives to run the basketball operations. And the mediocrity runs downhill to choice of coaches and player personnel decisions. In this last instance, Taylor hired a head coach out of touch with today's NBA and also make him PBO even though he'd never even worked in a front office much less led one. Mediocrity throughout the Wolves organization. Is it any wonder the team is mediocre. There is obviously dissension in the organization and among players right now. A good organization would fix it. Under Glen Taylor those problems will just fester and get worse.

And that's why the 2nd beat player in the league is elbowing his way out of arguably the best run sports organization for the last two decade.

Just seems like the standard for small market organizations is to be damn near infallible.

I don't think the Leonard situation has anything to do with market size. Never underestimate the size of the NBA player ego. Leonard feels he was disrespected by Spurs management about his injury, and that is what is driving him out of town. There are multiple examples of small market teams attracting and retaining star players. Look at OkC with Westbrook and George. Miami is a smaller market than Minneapolis, but still attracted a Big 3 that won a championship. Conversely, the three biggest markets (NYC, Chicago and LA) four teams have been flops for several years. As Thorpe said, player movement is more about money, quality of organization and chance of winning...and I would add relationships to that list (sometimes players move to play with someone they really like).

Absolutely right, LST! I'll add that, except for Kawhi, the Spurs have never had difficulty attracting and retaining talent. In fact, players tend to love it there. Belinelli chose to sign there this summer and can hardly contain his joy in going back there. Note that San Antonio is a much smaller market than the Twins Cities. Kawhi's dissatisfaction is an anomaly for the Spurs. Unfortunately, players not coming to the Wolves or wanting to leave has been all too common for the Wolves over the years. It boils down to the quality of the organization, starting with ownership. The biggest key is having a savvy front office with smart executives and talent-savvy scouts. We don't have that and never have.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Howsito/status/1014507455299006464

Cryptic...
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

crazy-canuck wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Howsito/status/1014507455299006464

Cryptic...

Jeez...it would be so easy for him to tweet that the rumors are a bunch of bs, and that he and KAT are tight. I recognize Cowley is a pot stirrer, but Butler's silence speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. Until Butler says something positive, I'm going to have to believe there's trouble in paradise. Doesn't make sense to me becasue I think Karl plays hard, but apparently Jimmy doesn't.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Howsito/status/1014507455299006464

Cryptic...

Jeez...it would be so easy for him to tweet that the rumors are a bunch of bs, and that he and KAT are tight. I recognize Cowley is a pot stirrer, but Butler's silence speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. Until Butler says something positive, I'm going to have to believe there's trouble in paradise. Doesn't make sense to me becasue I think Karl plays hard, but apparently Jimmy doesn't.

I've been thinking that Jimmy needs to publicly squelch the rumor if the Cowley report is false. Now this video tease. I'm now convinced the report is true, especially learning that Butler has a long-standing relationship with Cowley. We need leadership in this Wolves organization -- true leadership that's built on communication and relationships. Taylor doesn't provide it and Thibodeau is the last guy you'd choose to build relationships and handle people. He's a career assistant coach doing Xs and Os. That's who he is. Time to overhaul the front office again. Sad. Hire David Griffin as the new PBO and go from there. I'd overhaul the front office before I'd trade Butler, Wiggins or anyone else. But I've been saying that for a long time.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Cryptic...

I've been thinking that Jimmy needs to publicly squelch the rumor if the Cowley report is false. Now this video tease. I'm now convinced the report is true, especially learning that Butler has a long-standing relationship with Cowley. We need leadership in this Wolves organization -- true leadership that's built on communication and relationships. Taylor doesn't provide it and Thibodeau is the last guy you'd choose to build relationships and handle people. He's a career assistant coach doing Xs and Os. That's who he is. Time to overhaul the front office again. Sad. Hire David Griffin as the new PBO and go from there. I'd overhaul the front office before I'd trade Butler, Wiggins or anyone else. But I've been saying that for a long time.

Looks to me like Jimmy is having some fun.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

This board is reminding me more and more of a housewives reality show. The never ending speculation on what player think or feel... Ugh.

If they give consistent effort and don't act like their entitled to millions of dollars, but rather work to earn it I'm a fan. If not, and I'm looking at you Wiggins, GTFO.