Five games over .500...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TAFKASP

Five games over .500...

Post by TAFKASP »

... and yet I go into every game expecting to be disappointed. You would think after 13 years of misery it'd be a lot easier to find joy in a winning season! Am I doing it wrong?
Monster

Re: Five games over .500...

Post by Monster »

TheSP wrote:... and yet I go into every game expecting to be disappointed. You would think after 13 years of misery it'd be a lot easier to find joy in a winning season! Am I doing it wrong?

We stuck with this team for all these terrible years. Now we expect to be doing this thing right? We should be more patient with our fandom it's gonna take time to make the adjustments. Just wait till 2019 Bleed is gonna be that poster we thought he was gonna be back in 2011. #bleedisnotabust
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

SP, you are not alone. I think the casual fan that doesn't watch a ton of games is probably fairly happy. But to those that follow the Wolves closely, they realize that a lot of these victories were a little too close for comfort and were against highly inferior teams (at least on paper). It's also frustrating to see two of our young pillars not progress in the way one would hope (KAT defensively and Wiggins offensively).
benthewolf [enjin:19020845]

Post by benthewolf [enjin:19020845] »

Yes, I would say you are doing it wrong. If you cannot enjoy winning, I'd say give up following the team and move on to other ways to spend your free time.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

I follow the Wolves closely and am happy. Those that have played highly competitive sports know how hard it is to win when every team is full of amazing athletes. Any win is a good win in the NBA.
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

I find it hilarious that people continue to talk about how horrible our coach has been.....yet here we stand with the 7th best record in the entire NBA. And that is with 2 of our top players (KAT and Wiggy) under-performing in the eyes of the majority on this board.

Now, that being said, I am not a basketball nor coaching expert. But, are we sure Thibs hasn't at least done a reasonable job? I don't know, I just feel like some folks expectations are a bit out of whack from a team that has been so bad for so long. I am extremely pleased with the progress this team has shown.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

thedoper wrote:I follow the Wolves closely and am happy. Those that have played highly competitive sports know how hard it is to win when every team is full of amazing athletes. Any win is a good win in the NBA.

Co-signed. Winning, especially at the professional level, is no easy task and the ugliest win counts just as much as the most dominant performance. It's really that simple.

I know this forum is great because we microanalyze the on-court product and break it down for what we think it is, but at 17-12 and on pace to win 48 games while being the fourth-seed in the West... That, my friends, is called success any way you slice it.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Hicks, you know this group. We're only happy when we're miserable. I don't think this success is sustainable with how Thibs is coaching, so I'm worried we're gonna see a lot more guys missing games in the second half of the season.
Big O [enjin:13874644]

Post by Big O [enjin:13874644] »

TheSP wrote:... and yet I go into every game expecting to be disappointed. You would think after 13 years of misery it'd be a lot easier to find joy in a winning season! Am I doing it wrong?

SP I think I get the point of the first sentence. I too still look at tonight's game against PHX as as one we should win handedly but in the back of my mind I still expect Nothing out of Andrew, KAT to regress and to be underwhelmed by the overall effort in a loss or a close game. It is the consistency of the inconsistency that tamps down my enthusiasm.
I hear all of the points about this being a tough league to win in and I get it but until the effort is always their I'm not satisfied with just having a winning record.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Camden wrote:
thedoper wrote:I follow the Wolves closely and am happy. Those that have played highly competitive sports know how hard it is to win when every team is full of amazing athletes. Any win is a good win in the NBA.

Co-signed. Winning, especially at the professional level, is no easy task and the ugliest win counts just as much as the most dominant performance. It's really that simple.

I know this forum is great because we microanalyze the on-court product and break it down for what we think it is, but at 17-12 and on pace to win 48 games while being the fourth-seed in the West... That, my friends, is called success any way you slice it.

I expected this team to be a 3-5 seed. That is within reach of course BUT,

The lack of progress defensive is super frustrating. KAT and Wiggins should not be where they were 3 years ago, and many times they are. Even on ESPN, the NBA show the Jump, Stephen Jackson ripped into Wiggins for making defensive low effort and non focused mistakes letting the Sixers back into the game.

Then of course Wiggins is shooting career lows in all categories. So in a way, the Wolves have been a disappointment.

Adding Teague, Taj and Butler, yeah no crap, you're going to win more games. BUT if the Wolves are EVER going to win a Championship, it's likely going to have to come from huge improvements from KAT and Wiggins. I'm not seeing it, so I on't see a path there either unfortunately.