Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Renkln [enjin:6591222]

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by Renkln [enjin:6591222] »

Hopefully Ryan Saunders will bring back Flips philosophy of running and using athleticism that Thibs neglected to tap in to.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Renkln wrote:Hopefully Ryan Saunders will bring back Flips philosophy of running and using athleticism that Thibs neglected to tap in to.

So the long 2 offense. If you think Thibs liked long 2s, Flip liked them more. We'll see I guess.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

What does this do for the Rose situation also?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Glen Taylor has come out and said that he fired Thibs because we lost to the Hawks, Pelicans, Pistons and Suns.

He also now has said if we make the playoffs Sanders gets the head coaching job full time
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

khans2k5 wrote:Well with this kind of timing there better be something that pushed Glen over the top or else what respectable person would want to come here if they can just get fired randomly? It was the right move but the timing is extremely questionable and a real bad look after crushing LA who is in the 8th spot.

The Wolves still had their starters in late in the game up 25. Word is Teague was livid.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:Well with this kind of timing there better be something that pushed Glen over the top or else what respectable person would want to come here if they can just get fired randomly? It was the right move but the timing is extremely questionable and a real bad look after crushing LA who is in the 8th spot.

The Wolves still had their starters in late in the game up 25. Word is Teague was livid.

True but he is not the only coach that does it. It is just weird timing after back to back 20 pt wins. I am firing Thibs just feels like Glenn always does things in the most comical way possible. And if Hoiberg becomes the coach its the country club all over again.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Two big shorthanded victories... and now he's fired. This is the strangest team in the history of teams.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

So timberwolves like. Fire the ciach after 2 blowout wins.

He should be fired, but the timing is just so awkward.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Andy Greer being let go is interesting too since he was defensive coach and also Thibs assistant in Chicago for his full run there too. That makes me think a good chunk of this was about the scheme, style, etc.

I assume they will be looking for 2 assistants immediately.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I think its too early for ryan saunders to take the hc job. But with andy greer let go as well, it's clear taylor want something totally different from thibs. I will support ryan and hope for the best.

Wiggins, Towns, Dieng and Tyus are the guys flip drafted and believed in. I want to see them play their ass off especially wig. Flip sees wig as a future star and ryan was assigned to work with wig his rookie year. We have invested in wiggins and he may never become a superstar but playing consistent every game with good effort and playing winning basketball is still attainable for him.