Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TAFKASP

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by TAFKASP »

I think dancing Smitch deserves another appearance on the forum!

I was so happy to see Mitchell go after his one season, and now after two and a half years of Thibs I miss the guy!
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

TheSP wrote:I think dancing Smitch deserves another appearance on the forum!

I was so happy to see Mitchell go after his one season, and now after two and a half years of Thibs I miss the guy!

Awww yeah!!!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
MikeAz wrote:Doogie is reporting that Joe Nunnally is being released too. His deal would have been guaranteed this week.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1082100605143912449

I don't get this personally. I think Nunnally might have been worthwhile and he was cheap. Maybe they have their eyes on another player. Patrick McCaw?

Did you see him try to guard Hayward earlier this week? It was one of the worst defensive efforts I've seen watching Wolves basketball.

It's not hyperbole. It was that bad.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Thibs deserved to go eventually... but I think I'd have preferred he was fired during the Butler fiasco.

It would have made Taylor seem like he was committed and authoritative and all that kind of stuff he's never shown before. This just adds to the usual oddness surrounding many of his moves over the years.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
MikeAz wrote:Doogie is reporting that Joe Nunnally is being released too. His deal would have been guaranteed this week.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1082100605143912449

I don't get this personally. I think Nunnally might have been worthwhile and he was cheap. Maybe they have their eyes on another player. Patrick McCaw?

Did you see him try to guard Hayward earlier this week? It was one of the worst defensive efforts I've seen watching Wolves basketball.

It's not hyperbole. It was that bad.

He did not look good defensively in that game no doubt. Somewhat oddly it felt like Tolliver defended Hayward better than anyone. It seems to me like he can't really blow past people if they just stay in front of him and Tolliver is so big he can't shoot over him. Back to Nunnally...if he was that bad defensively it seems odd that he would have been put out there. I'm not exactly pounding the table about the move but this team needs shooting and they cut a guy that his value is likely as a shooter and is cheap and non-guaranteed next season too. Shrug

At least it's less puzzling that the Cavs signing McCaw and then a few days waiving him to sign Cameron Payne.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I've seen some comments about hiring Ryan Sunders might help the KG situation. I doubt it. I could see this just adding fuel to the KG ire of Glen firing a guy winning his last 2 games with his best player playing out of his mind etc? Maybe it's neutral or doesn't matter but I doubt the Glen KG relationship is any better than a few hours ago.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Guys, Glen didn't decide to fire Thibs today. I mean nobody believes that right?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Guys, Glen didn't decide to fire Thibs today. I mean nobody believes that right?

No. But he did fire him today.

It'll all be a largely forgotten footnote in history. But it's interesting because it happened after two blowout wins... which simply doesn't happen too often.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:Guys, Glen didn't decide to fire Thibs today. I mean nobody believes that right?

It'll all be a largely forgotten footnote in history. But it's interesting because it happened after two blowout wins... which simply doesn't happen too often.

I'll give you it's a little strange, but if he had his mind made up to do it at the halfway mark, you wouldn't want to see the team rip off 5 in a row. If that happened he wouldn't be able to do it.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Also the same guy who fired Mitchell over text message.

Once again it doesn't mean that much but little things add up. And saying he is thibs was fired because of performance after the trade but we are 15-12 while missing 3 of our top 6 players for multiple games and we were 10th in the NBA in net rating.

It's just not the best look going forward. Even if firing thibs is correct