Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by kekgeek »

KiwiMatt wrote:It feels like a big weight has been lifted off this franchises shoulders. Timing was off as it was far too late.

Excited to see what Ryan can do. I think a younger coach is exactly what our roster needs. Now lets play a fast pace offense and get this team running, instead of a slow obsolete Thibs iso ball.

I hope you are right but if he is like his dad we will run a long 2 offense. I hope Ryan coaching philosophy wise is not like his dad or we will be complaining about similar things. I really do wish Ryan the best but I just don't think we are going to succeed all of a sudden with a 32 year old 1st time head coach. Hope Im wrong though.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Wow. So he had a 4 or 5 year deal? I still like JVG but I agree we need a young coach. Not Hoiberg.
MikeAz [enjin:6636981]

Post by MikeAz [enjin:6636981] »

Interesting timing, but Thibs really did need to go. Hopefully, Ryan S will win the job full time because I'm guessing that Hoiberg would be next in line.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Woj is now reporting that Glenn is interested in Hoiberg and Billups to be head coach and/or GM
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

MikeAz wrote:Interesting timing, but Thibs really did need to go. Hopefully, Ryan S will win the job full time because I'm guessing that Hoiberg would be next in line.

I think you are right. I just don't want Hoiberg to be the next head coach. He hasn't had success. Rumors are his best players just run over him and cuss him out (Lavine and Jimmy) and it would be the most country club move ever.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

worldK wrote:
TheSP wrote:
leado01 wrote:So . . . I guess i don't mind the trial by fire application (make the playoffs and the job is yours).

Would have liked to see Jerry Stackhouse come here in off season.

Glenn just fired Thibs after two of the better games of the season, expecting him to suddenly do something that makes sense is asking too much.

Majority wanted thibs fired before this season. Thibs got fired and some complain about the timing? It doesnt matter if this comnes after 2 blowout wins. We beat two teams we ares upposed to beat anyway. It does not erased the fact that we lost to the hawks, suns etc. Taylor gave thibs a chance to start the season with butler and right the ship. That failed. He gave thibs a 3rd of the season after the butler trade to evaluate him. He clearly was not impressed and I would say majority of us still want him gone. So he fired him. Simple as that. Letting greer go makes it clear he did not want any of thibs philosophy staying. he wanted a fresh start.

I think you're misreading people. I'm not complaining about the timing. I don't care that he was fired, in fact I'm happy he was. I, and I'm sure everybody else, is just surprised by the timing.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

TheSP wrote:
worldK wrote:
TheSP wrote:
leado01 wrote:So . . . I guess i don't mind the trial by fire application (make the playoffs and the job is yours).

Would have liked to see Jerry Stackhouse come here in off season.

Glenn just fired Thibs after two of the better games of the season, expecting him to suddenly do something that makes sense is asking too much.

Majority wanted thibs fired before this season. Thibs got fired and some complain about the timing? It doesnt matter if this comnes after 2 blowout wins. We beat two teams we ares upposed to beat anyway. It does not erased the fact that we lost to the hawks, suns etc. Taylor gave thibs a chance to start the season with butler and right the ship. That failed. He gave thibs a 3rd of the season after the butler trade to evaluate him. He clearly was not impressed and I would say majority of us still want him gone. So he fired him. Simple as that. Letting greer go makes it clear he did not want any of thibs philosophy staying. he wanted a fresh start.

I think you're misreading people. I'm not complaining about the timing. I don't care that he was fired, in fact I'm happy he was. I, and I'm sure everybody else, is just surprised by the timing.

Yep, I think Thibs should be gone but its just weird and sort of comical that he fires Thibs after going 15-12, since the trade, with 3 of our top 6 players missing multiple games. Its just that I don't trust Glenn and if he was going to do this anyways why didn't he fire him before the season.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

BizarroJerry wrote:Wow. So he had a 4 or 5 year deal? I still like JVG but I agree we need a young coach. Not Hoiberg.

I don't want JVG, in his commentary it still feels like he has that old school philosophy. Seems like a good dude but not a coach that will change anything.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Who gives a fuck about the timing of this? Celebrate that it finally happened. I agree world, If Ryan knocks it out of the park let him keep the role. Otherwise a team of Hoiberg/Billups sounds awfully intriguing to me.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

TheSP wrote:
worldK wrote:

Exactly. It's just surprising and weird timing is all lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what Ryan and the staff can do the rest of the season.