DLo to the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheGrey08

DLo to the Wolves

Post by TheGrey08 »

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
Golden State has agreed to trade D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota for a deal that includes Andrew Wiggins, a 2021 protected first-round pick and a 2022 second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Warriors will send Jacob Evans and Omari Spellman to Timberwolves too.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
Timberwolves 2021 pick protected to No. 3, and becomes unprotected in 2022, per sources. Minnesota kept pushing for Russell, who it has wanted since summer free agency and finally got the point guard Gerssson Rosas imagined pairing with KAT.
thedoper

Re: DLo to the Wolves

Post by thedoper »

There it is. Rosas has made smart deals on paper. Glad we keep this year's pick.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Keeping this years pick is huge. Unfortunately it's not a great wing draft nor shooter draft, but we'll still have a good pick.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Nice move Rosas. I didn't like DLO but I respect the gamble here. Wiggy became a Rubio and had to me moved (we're still gonna tank right?)
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

BloopOracle wrote:He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander

He traded up to draft one of the worst shooters in the NBA and his team trying to push for the playoffs is pushing for a top 5 pick instead. None of it has been slander. He's been real bad so far and has a lot to make up for. You know who would look good at the 3 next to a PnR duo of Russell/Towns and who plays defense? The guy we just traded away for a mid-late first round pick.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

khans2k5 wrote:Keeping this years pick is huge. Unfortunately it's not a great wing draft nor shooter draft, but we'll still have a good pick.

Just heard this morning that the guy #2 on one guy's board... is #15 or so on another guy's board. It's a crapshoot draft... but at least the Wolves get the first cracks at it, I guess.

And it might open up some trading down possibilities to get more assets, too.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

khans2k5 wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander

He traded up to draft one of the worst shooters in the NBA and his team trying to push for the playoffs is pushing for a top 5 pick instead. None of it has been slander. He's been real bad so far and has a lot to make up for. You know who would look good at the 3 next to a PnR duo of Russell/Towns and who plays defense? The guy we just traded away for a mid-late first round pick.

I can't disagree with this. At all.

IF Covington was gonna be part of the trade for Russell, so be it. But looking at the two things being unconnected... I understand the Covington deal A LOT less.

We always hear about player timelines. Do you know what one of the worst historical player timelines is...

A bunch of young guns trying to "get theirs" at the same time. Covington was a pro who was liked by the star player who didn't need the ball in his hands much and was willing to play defense.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Well it makes sense for both teams. Wiggins will probably do well in that system. He's not a guy who can carry a team but can be a nice asset on a contender.

DLO hopefully can come in a be better then Wiggins overall. We'll see. He's a better offensive player but I hope to see (next season) some tough defense too.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

I can't disagree with this. At all.

IF Covington was gonna be part of the trade for Russell, so be it. But looking at the two things being unconnected... I understand the Covington deal A LOT less.

We always hear about player timelines. Do you know what one of the worst historical player timelines is...

A bunch of young guns trying to "get theirs" at the same time. Covington was a pro who was liked by the star player who didn't need the ball in his hands much and was willing to play defense.

My guess is that he feels Beasley will be a solid starter so we will see. The mid round pick is meh. The rest of the package, meh. Kind of throwing darts it felt like. Cov is a bit older though so I do agree with Rosas about going young.