DLo to the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Re: DLo to the Wolves

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

crazysauce wrote:I may be in the minority but i think this is a terrible trade. I would rather have gave up our 2020 top 3 protected then 2021. 2020 looks like a terrible draft and i have no faith we will be good in 2021. This trade is going to really bite us in the ass in 2021. I like russell but this was the bad feeling i really hoped wouldnt happen.

Im sure rosas would have prefered to give up the 2020 in a weak draft, but gsw wanted thst pick in a loaded draft where hs become eligible.

Kat wanted dlo and rosas is keeping his job by keeping kat happy.

The cov trade makes no sense in hindsight. He woukd have been perfect next to roco, but instead got traded for guys looking for a bigger deal this offseason. This wreaks of drafting up for garland, then being caught with your pants down, so end up with culver.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I have been a wiggins guy since his rookie season and wanted to see him have success here. But I can accept that he was a goner sooner or later. Is dlo and the 2021 1st worth it? Im not sure, I do know that most here wanted to dump wig for expirings or even willing to attached picks to do so for two years prior to this season. So you cant say that getting a 23ppg7.5apg 38% high volume 3pt shooter and above average playmaker for him was a bad deal. The 2021 first will be the deciding factor on who win the trade.

That said, rosas has locked in on towns/dlo/culver as his core. Is that good enough? Culver has been terrible on offense so far although in theory, he would habe been an ideal fit to dlo.

Rosas needs to nail our two draft picks this year. Its a weak draft but there are always surprises in every draft. He has traded almost every player he inheritted and signed this off season. For our sake, rosas needs 1 of beasley/vanderbilt/evans or whoever he traded for to at least pan out and be a contributor long term. He needs to have an excellent 2020 draft. Basically this trade was rosas playoff team push for next season so he needs to get the most out of whatever we currently have now.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:I'm incredulous after all the failure, all the bad picks, all the bad trades, all the bad coaches, all the bad front office execs - that so many of you still have such faith that this organization is going to succeed. Glen Taylor and you deserve each other.

How about you just chill out and let us play some games at this point? We are literally no worse off today than we were yesterday because Wiggins/Towns wasn't getting it done and you aren't getting back someone better than Russell for Wiggins in any other trades. You are picking an awfully weird time to have a complete meltdown about this franchise. It's probably not healthy to have a championship or bust mentality while being a MN sports fan in any capacity outside of the WNBA.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

And let's not forget our history/location. Nobody wants to come here. We have to pay more than the warriors. Oh we could have had player x for only this amount...no. It's always harder for us, never negotiating from a position of strength.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

khans2k5 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:I'm incredulous after all the failure, all the bad picks, all the bad trades, all the bad coaches, all the bad front office execs - that so many of you still have such faith that this organization is going to succeed. Glen Taylor and you deserve each other.

How about you just chill out and let us play some games at this point? We are literally no worse off today than we were yesterday because Wiggins/Towns wasn't getting it done and you aren't getting back someone better than Russell for Wiggins in any other trades. You are picking an awfully weird time to have a complete meltdown about this franchise. It's probably not healthy to have a championship or bust mentality while being a MN sports fan in any capacity outside of the WNBA.

Jeez, you just don't get it. This is NOT a Wig vs Russell thing. And maybe we are better today than we were yesterday. But KAT/Russ is not going to get you anywhere significant - ever. And no, either was Wig with KAT. I get that. But we just committed to yet another losing scenario, one that will not be easy to get out of. It's the short-sightedness of the plan I just can't deal with. Rocket ball hasn't even worked for the Rockets. I was just hoping for a plan that had some real basis behind it. Not throw one immature guy in with an even more immature guy and hope it all magically works out. It's just very disappointing.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Jeez, you just don't get it. This is NOT a Wig vs Russell thing. And maybe we are better today than we were yesterday. But KAT/Russ is not going to get you anywhere significant - ever. And no, either was Wig with KAT. I get that. But we just committed to yet another losing scenario, one that will not be easy to get out of. It's the short-sightedness of the plan I just can't deal with. Rocket ball hasn't even worked for the Rockets. I was just hoping for a plan that had some real basis behind it. Not throw one immature guy in with an even more immature guy and hope it all magically works out. It's just very disappointing.

So what was the magic scenario that we got rid of Wiggins, KAT plays real hard on defense and we land a superstar to carry us in the playoffs to a title? What's the solution with the pieces we have to make that happen? You just have totally unrealistic expectations for this franchise given where we are currently at and frankly I don't understand where those expectations come from given the history of this franchise. There was never a scenario where this was fixed overnight. Literally the only plan that could have satisfied you was blow it up and get lucky which is the smallest percentage play to make all because you can't be satisfied watching basketball without hoisting a fucking trophy. You're a fan of the completely wrong team based on your attitude regarding the sport. Go type up some prophecies for a franchise that isn't already cursed because right now you're just stabbing a dead body over and over again.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Mmmm, I won't necessarily bet against you on how this ends up with these two. But I am curious as to why this is so difficult to get out of? KAT and DLO may not work as a tandem. We'll find out soon enough. But I think each has positive value around the league (especially KAT) and can be moved without having to attach picks, other young talent, etc. These guys have positive value around the league. It can be gotten out of if it doesn't work.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q12543 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Mmmm, I won't necessarily bet against you on how this ends up with these two. But I am curious as to why this is so difficult to get out of? KAT and DLO may not work as a tandem. We'll find out soon enough. But I think each has positive value around the league (especially KAT) and can be moved without having to attach picks, other young talent, etc. These guys have positive value around the league. It can be gotten out of if it doesn't work.

That sounds reasonable as it pertains to KAT, at least currently. If DLO fails here we won't get much for him.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Forget dlo vs wiggs. Its the draft picks in a good draft with weak protections that will kick us in the ass.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

crazy-canuck wrote:Forget dlo vs wiggs. Its the draft picks in a good draft with weak protections that will kick us in the ass.

This too. And then we watch the Warriors take a great player with our pick next year.