Article: Jimmy Butler Wants Out Of Timberwolves Organization

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Article: Jimmy Butler Wants Out Of Timberwolves Organization

Post by Lipoli390 »

TheSP wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Where will Jimmy Butler start the 2019-20 season?

I'm so sick or all the apparent drama revolving around this team that I just don't really care where any of them are next year. If this team were really good the drama could be tolerated, they're not.

Well said, SP. Everyone on this team should be humble and devoid of bravado after barely securing an 8th seed over a Denver team that played most of the season without arguably its best player, Millsap.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I would expect more of this to pop up in the coming weeks as the offseason is pretty much done and we're only half-way through it so activity is gonna be minimal. Outlets need to get their Knicks click bait in to keep them going for the other half of the off-season. Everyone just needs to get on the court at this point and play it out. There's nothing that can come out that will get Thibs to trade Jimmy.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Just read on a Celtics board ( apparently from an interview with stevens someone did on a podcast) that it was stevens that didnt want butler around his young guys and the lockerroom and thats why the celtics didnt really make a hard push for jimmy last year.

If true, so we can cross the celtics off as a possible suitor if we were to unload jimmy.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

crazy-canuck wrote:Just read on a Celtics board ( apparently from an interview with stevens someone did on a podcast) that it was stevens that didnt want butler around his young guys and the lockerroom and thats why the celtics didnt really make a hard push for jimmy last year.

If true, so we can cross the celtics off as a possible suitor if we were to unload jimmy.

To be fair, Stevens seems to be an idiot and doesn't know what he's doing.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Best post of the year.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:Just read on a Celtics board ( apparently from an interview with stevens someone did on a podcast) that it was stevens that didnt want butler around his young guys and the lockerroom and thats why the celtics didnt really make a hard push for jimmy last year.

Yeah, that's pretty good.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

khans2k5 wrote:I would expect more of this to pop up in the coming weeks as the offseason is pretty much done and we're only half-way through it so activity is gonna be minimal. Outlets need to get their Knicks click bait in to keep them going for the other half of the off-season. Everyone just needs to get on the court at this point and play it out. There's nothing that can come out that will get Thibs to trade Jimmy.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1033072466250407938

good call
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I love that Jimmy "is OPEN to the idea of playing along side LeBron in LA." You mean he'd actually consider playing with LeBron? Wow. I guess he's not very picky. Lol. I hear he's also open to playing alongside Kyrie Irving in Boston. But apparently, Boston isn't open to it, which isn't surprising given the fact that the Celtics showed no interest in trading for him last summer. Jimmy was "open" to staying in Chicago. In fact, he wanted to stay there. But alas, the Bulls wanted to move him. So it goes.

But as others have said, there is absolutely no way Thibodeau will trade Butler. So Jimmy will have to stay here another season even if he's not open to it. We'll see if he's open to learning how to become a real leader while he's still here. Otherwise, he can certainly go to LA next season where LeBron can lead him to a championship. That assumes of course that the Lakers are open to having Jimmy there.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I think LeBron wants Kawhi and assuming Kawhi comes back strong this season I see the Lakers gong that route.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WolvesFan21 wrote:I think LeBron wants Kawhi and assuming Kawhi comes back strong this season I see the Lakers gong that route.

I think you're right.