NBA Off-Season Moves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: NBA Off-Season Moves

Post by Monster »

crazy-canuck wrote:anderson and melton to the suns for knight and chriss

suns playing booker at pg? IMO, they could use a guy like teague.

This is an interesting deal for both teams. Honestly for his flaws so see Anderson as the best player in the deal. The Sun have put together a squad that should be better this year. They could use a legit vet PG. there was some chatter back in July I think of them playing Booker at PG simcethwy have all those wing players but a vet guy would make a lot of sense.

The Rockets have done a number of cost cutting moves this offseason and acquiring players that are far from winning players. Chriss just turned 21 in July so maybe they see him as a guy they can get somethough out of. Same thing with Knight but I'm a different way although they do need guard play more than they needed Anderson. They really made great moves last season to build up their roster this year there are plenty of questions about their offseason. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Back to the Suns need for a PG. sure we could move Teague to them but...then I'm worried about what we would have at the position without him. The FA market at that position now isn't very inspiring. What kind of asset would we get back for Teague? This is only in theory because I don't think there is much of a chance he gets moved and to be honest I think having him on this team has a lot of pluses. Suns do have some young options. Melton could be one of those. Isn't he supposed to be a pretty good defender? A long defensive guard with some skill could be a decent fit with the guys they have with Booker having the ball a lot. The Suns are an example of how it's lilely Teague can be moved next summer if that's what needs to be done.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Okobo is probably gonna get a shot to run PG for Phoenix
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

monsterpile wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:anderson and melton to the suns for knight and chriss

suns playing booker at pg? IMO, they could use a guy like teague.

This is an interesting deal for both teams. Honestly for his flaws so see Anderson as the best player in the deal. The Sun have put together a squad that should be better this year. They could use a legit vet PG. there was some chatter back in July I think of them playing Booker at PG simcethwy have all those wing players but a vet guy would make a lot of sense.

The Rockets have done a number of cost cutting moves this offseason and acquiring players that are far from winning players. Chriss just turned 21 in July so maybe they see him as a guy they can get somethough out of. Same thing with Knight but I'm a different way although they do need guard play more than they needed Anderson. They really made great moves last season to build up their roster this year there are plenty of questions about their offseason. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Back to the Suns need for a PG. sure we could move Teague to them but...then I'm worried about what we would have at the position without him. The FA market at that position now isn't very inspiring. What kind of asset would we get back for Teague? This is only in theory because I don't think there is much of a chance he gets moved and to be honest I think having him on this team has a lot of pluses. Suns do have some young options. Melton could be one of those. Isn't he supposed to be a pretty good defender? A long defensive guard with some skill could be a decent fit with the guys they have with Booker having the ball a lot. The Suns are an example of how it's lilely Teague can be moved next summer if that's what needs to be done.

The Trade is interesting and in my opinion the Rockets got a little worse by the trade but the one thing they did is Knight contract should be easier to move. So at a later date they might be able to add a better player because of this trade. But giving Melton could come back to haunt.

On the Teague thing, I am with you makes no sense to trade Teague because then the Wolves are in rough shape at PG. I've believe Tyus is the perfect backup PG, he could be the best backup PG in the league, but I think he would really struggle if he had to start every game a PG, and feel like he would be near the bottom of starting PGs in the League. Also, like Butler I don't think Thibs is trading Teague because the wolves would more than likely be worse meaning Thibs gets fired. Also if things go bad this year and Thibs gets fired during the season do we really want an interm GM trading 2 of our starters. Dangerous territory we could be in. Also think Teague will opt out at the end of the year (he might re-sign) because almost every team has cap space next year, and in 2020 money could be tight again. So this offseason could be the last time Teague could get a expensive multi year deal.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

I like that his dribble looks much lower.