Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: NBA Off-Season Moves

Post by 60WinTim »

crazy-canuck wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:Zaza and lopez both signed for minimum. Back up bigs have no market in the nba anymore.

Hate zaza, but would have liked him on the wolves backing up KAT.

My friend who is a Bucks fab was really excited about the Lopez signing because he thought it was the one that messed with the Mascots. Lol brook is a good fit there if healthy he can give them spacing and some girth to compliment the skinny dudes they have at center.

Speaking of skinny dudes. Anyone see kat this off season? The guy is wiggins skinny now.

I'm not sure that's a good thing the way he gets pushed around on defense.

I think he was more concerned about looking slim and toned for the espn cover than bulking up.

Wasn't that photoshop'd?!? ;-D
Monster

Post by Monster »

So Marc and Paul Gasol have a charity game this summer called Marc vs Pau. A couple of old pals are on team Pau...Jimmy and Ricky. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

Meanwhile Houston has now lost Ariza AND Luc to FA. That's a big deal. They did add MCW who actually had some surprising defensive numbers but can he stay on the court? Can he hit a shot? On top of all that Houston wants Melo. Maybe Houston will sign some guys and fill those sports left by Ariza and Luc but right now they took a step back no doubt.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Houston is more worried about capela and trying to find capspace.

Apparently, he was only offered 4/53. If capela takes the QO, they are screwed. Meanwhile thibs gave dieng 4/64...
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:Meanwhile Houston has now lost Ariza AND Luc to FA. That's a big deal. They did add MCW who actually had some surprising defensive numbers but can he stay on the court? Can he hit a shot? On top of all that Houston wants Melo. Maybe Houston will sign some guys and fill those sports left by Ariza and Luc but right now they took a step back no doubt.

I have to wonder if the Melo signing is a "make Chris Paul feel good" move.

On the way to work, I was listening to a podcast with Daryl Morey and Bill Simmons. Simmons teased Morey about not giving chemistry enough validation.

Morey did concede that chemistry was more important than talent on championship-level teams. Making star players happy is part of chemistry, right?

But unless Anthony "buys in" to playing defense and team ball... yuck. Losing two gritty glue guys who care about defense but not about getting the ball vs. the complete opposite type of player seems dodgy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Houston gets a possible replacement for the wing guys they lost by signing James Ennis to a 2 year deal.

rumor floating around on a toronto/spurs deal.

Kawhi and future pick to toronto
Derozen, Poetl, and Anunoby to the spurs.

Vegas has also just recently made the raps the favorite in the kawhi sweepstakes.
Monster

Post by Monster »

crazy-canuck wrote:rumor floating around on a toronto/spurs deal.

Kawhi and future pick to toronto
Derozen, Poetl, and Anunoby to the spurs.

Vegas has also just recently made the raps the favorite in the kawhi sweepstakes.

That would me a strong offer for the Spurs IMO. It doesn't sound extremely sexy but Poetl and OG would be very nice complimentary pieces and if anyone knows how to get the best out of a guy like derozen it would be the Spurs.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Ellington back to the Heat for about 6.7 million for one year. I'm pretty surprised he didn't get more but my guess is that it was gonna take a nice offer to get him away from Miami. Also a 1 year deal if you think you are gonna he good next year is a good thing. More money out there next year and possibly plenty of interesting teams to play for.

From looking for a max deal 2 years ago to having to sign a vet minimum deal for 1 year wih the nuggets, IT has really fallen.