NBA Off-Season Moves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: NBA Off-Season Moves

Post by Monster »

crazy-canuck wrote:From looking for a max deal 2 years ago to having to sign a vet minimum deal for 1 year wih the nuggets, IT has really fallen.

It sucks he has that injury. It makes me paranoid about my right hip that gets tight if I cycle too much and don't do my stretches and excercises.

Now it's also worth mentioning that IT is signing with the Nuggets for the vet min and that situation has some benefits for him. He had been talking to Orlando but they added Grant. The Nuggets basically have no backup PG and Malone was IT's coach so this is a pretty good landing spot for him. If he is actually healthy there is probably plenty of lineup options they could utilize. The Nuggets are a good team that if they get a boast from IT or would help their playoff chances. That has to be more appealing than Orlando who is rebuilding.

Think about this Cousins and IT are making like 8 million combined this year.
worldK

Post by worldK »

The nuggets have done a wonderful job building their team. They are definitely a threat to a playoff spot in the west and theybare very well positioned to be a contender 5 years down the line.

They have 2 young cornerstones in jovic and murray. Another terrific young player in harris signed for a good deal. Vets like milsap and barton. They took michael porter jr in the draft. Adding thomas bring another scoring punch to that team who fits with their style of play. They have young future superstars, solid young guys with high upside and solid vets.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

worldK wrote:The nuggets have done a wonderful job building their team. They are definitely a threat to a playoff spot in the west and theybare very well positioned to be a contender 5 years down the line.

They have 2 young cornerstones in jovic and murray. Another terrific young player in harris signed for a good deal. Vets like milsap and barton. They took michael porter jr in the draft. Adding thomas bring another scoring punch to that team who fits with their style of play. They have young future superstars, solid young guys with high upside and solid vets.

Yes, he Nuggets are doing a nice job building a very formidable team. They would have finished ahead of us in he standings if Millsap had played as many games as Butler (59 rather than 38). Given the likelihood that the Lakers will make the playoffs, I'm just wondering which of the seven teams that finished ahead of us will drop out of the playoffs this season. If Denver makes the playoffs, then two playoff teams from last season will have to drop into the lottery for the Wolves to make the playoffs. It won't be Golden State or Houston. I doubt it will be the Pelicans. The Spurs are bound to be better than last season because they'll have either Kawhi or someone obtained in Kawhi trade on the floor for them in addition to Lonnie Walker who one GM said will be a star after watching him in summer league. The Jazz and Blazers are the two teams that seem the most vulnerable to slipping out of the playoffs.
Monster

Post by Monster »

worldK wrote:The nuggets have done a wonderful job building their team. They are definitely a threat to a playoff spot in the west and theybare very well positioned to be a contender 5 years down the line.

Nuggets have a similar problem to the Wolves in that there are questions about how good fed eeicely they can be.

Nuggets moved Fariid and Arther for a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder to the Nets. Atlanta got Lin from the Nets. I'm curious where the cap space is at this point. I think the Bulls can get a lot if they let all their FA leave.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Here is who has cap space left. Melo needs to be nice and Parker is a RFA that's out there.

https://twitter.com/albertnahmad/status/1017740917606961152?s=21

Three NBA teams still have the ability to create $10M+ of cap room this summer (without stretching or trading anyone): Bulls ($20.6M), Kings ($19.5M) and Hawks ($10.4M).
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

lipoli390 wrote:

Yes, he Nuggets are doing a nice job building a very formidable team. They would have finished ahead of us in he standings if Millsap had played as many games as Butler (59 rather than 38). Given the likelihood that the Lakers will make the playoffs, I'm just wondering which of the seven teams that finished ahead of us will drop out of the playoffs this season. If Denver makes the playoffs, then two playoff teams from last season will have to drop into the lottery for the Wolves to make the playoffs. It won't be Golden State or Houston. I doubt it will be the Pelicans. The Spurs are bound to be better than last season because they'll have either Kawhi or someone obtained in Kawhi trade on the floor for them in addition to Lonnie Walker who one GM said will be a star after watching him in summer league. The Jazz and Blazers are the two teams that seem the most vulnerable to slipping out of the playoffs.

I would say the Pelicans are most at risk. Rondo and Cousins for Randle and Payton is a step back at both spots. AD is no beacon of health himself. They are really built on a house of cards. AD is great, but carrying a team by yourself in the West this year is going to be even harder than in years past. I would put them as the most likely to drop out.
Brooklyn_Wolves [enjin:14608167]

Post by Brooklyn_Wolves [enjin:14608167] »

lipoli390 wrote:

I doubt Jazz are vulnerable. They will most likely still be the best defensive team and those are locks for playoff historically. Blazers I can see, as they are getting stagnant and can implode mentally. Pelicans and Spurs are actually vulnerable IMO. But Wolves are the most vulnerable of them all.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Brooklyn_Wolves wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

I doubt Jazz are vulnerable. They will most likely still be the best defensive team and those are locks for playoff historically. Blazers I can see, as they are getting stagnant and can implode mentally. Pelicans and Spurs are actually vulnerable IMO. But Wolves are the most vulnerable of them all.

Good point about the Jazz. I agree that the Wolves are the most vulnerable.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Looks like parker is going to the bulls 2 years 40 mill.

He'll will be their starting small forward between lavine and lauri.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

crazy-canuck wrote:Looks like parker is going to the bulls 2 years 40 mill.

He'll will be their starting small forward between lavine and lauri.

The Bulls are building an interesting talented young team with Parker, Portis, LaVine, Carter, Dunn and Markkenan.