Lou Williams
2018 HOU 1st Round Pick 1
1 The pick is top 3 protected.

Woj confirmed as well as many others, can't link it because I'm at work

you have to wonder if Blake Griffin is gone now likely to Boston
SameOldNudityDrew

Re: Chris Paul just got traded to Houston wow

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

What's huge about that is that CP3 isn't going to the Spurs now either. This really impacts 3 franchises in the West then.

Should be interesting to see how CP3 and Harden play together. Harden basically reinvented himself as a PG last year (one of the best in the league), and now he's got another one of the best PGs in the league next to him. That backcourt is going to be crazy good.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I actually think this trade might put us on the radar for Blake. Boston is going after Hayward. They don't have the money to sign two guys. Where else would Blake go? He could stay in LA on a max and be the #1 guy again I guess. We'll see. While Blake doesn't help our 3pt shooting problem he's a solid player and fits in the age window with Jimmy. I also wonder if LA keeps Blake would they take Ricky for Beverly and Lou to keep lob city alive.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

So now what does Westbrook do? He can opt out after the 2018 season. Do the Clips now become a destination for him?
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

I'm not sure the backcourt will work. Harden is a guy who plays best with the ball in his hands. He dominates the ball.

What I hate is that Beverly goes to the Clippers. I thought he was a perfect fit here.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

The Jerry West era has begun. How long do you as the Clippers try to keep that team together (Paul, Blake, Jordan) and throw assets at it before you realize burning it all down is needed. Good move by Jerry.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

slimcalhoun27 wrote:The Jerry West era has begun. How long do you as the Clippers try to keep that team together (Paul, Blake, Jordan) and throw assets at it before you realize burning it all down is needed. Good move by Jerry.

Totally agree. Their options were to tie up a bunch of players to max contracts and kill their salary cap, or burn it down and start over. I think they chose wisely. The current group wasn't getting it done championship wise, they didn't have cap space or assets to improve their team. They need to dump salary and rebuild.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

So, apparently Doc's favoritism towards his son Austin pissed Paul off...

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/28/report-favoritism-for-austin-rivers-led-chris-paul-to-despise-doc-rivers/
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I think they basically chose Blake over Paul. I bet he stays and they try to build around him.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:I think they basically chose Blake over Paul. I bet he stays and they try to build around him.

I'm going to laugh if Hayward ends up staying or going to Miami, and Boston stands there with no new stars because Ainge can't shit or get off the pot lol