Wolves Free Agent Focuses

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Wolves Free Agent Focuses

Post by Lipoli390 »

crazysauce wrote:Waived by both new orleans and milwaukee this year. Lots of weird injuries from what i heard. Milwaukee actually waived him for gary payton jr after just three games. Be shocked if he would have a high price tag. I think will be interesting to see what livingston gets. Would like him as a backup pg at right price, if not would look at ian clark. They may be higher priced though. Doogie mentioned that he thinks one guy we will for sure get is mike dunleavy fwiw.

Interesting info on Terrence Jones. Sounds like there are some issues that would likely make him available for a bargain price as you suggested. I think Ian Clark would be a great addition. He can shoot the three and he's still young with upside. I heard somewhere recently that Livingston's going to get in the neighborhood of $12 million per year. I'd really like to have him here, but I just don't see it happening. I think Dunleavy would be a good, cheap addition. I like Slim's idea of Udoh. I really liked him coming out of college and it sounds like he's finally firing on all cylinders.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
crazysauce wrote:Call me crazy, (or sauce) but i would try to sign......royce white to a cheap contract. Low risk high reward. Jimmer would be another. Take some guys that have the upside but dont need to be paid a lot. Depend on thibs to get the best out of their talent. Then we can spend on a big name. Preferably chris paul, but wouldnt be opposed to millsap.

You are crazy. :). Actually, I kind of like the idea of signing Jimmer. As for Royce White, I don't see it, but on a cheap, short-term contract, there's no real risk.

Some other team may sign White but I would actually bet money it won't be the Wolves. Thibs wants everyone that's all in on basketball and that isn't White. He has his own crusade for mental health and the last I heard he said he wouldn't sign with an NBA team until the whole league addressed it more.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
crazysauce wrote:Waived by both new orleans and milwaukee this year. Lots of weird injuries from what i heard. Milwaukee actually waived him for gary payton jr after just three games. Be shocked if he would have a high price tag. I think will be interesting to see what livingston gets. Would like him as a backup pg at right price, if not would look at ian clark. They may be higher priced though. Doogie mentioned that he thinks one guy we will for sure get is mike dunleavy fwiw.

Interesting info on Terrence Jones. Sounds like there are some issues that would likely make him available for a bargain price as you suggested. I think Ian Clark would be a great addition. He can shoot the three and he's still young with upside. I heard somewhere recently that Livingston's going to get in the neighborhood of $12 million per year. I'd really like to have him here, but I just don't see it happening. I think Dunleavy would be a good, cheap addition. I like Slim's idea of Udoh. I really liked him coming out of college and it sounds like he's finally firing on all cylinders.

On Terrance Jones contract price...he signed a vet min contract last year with NO. I remember something about he signed for that deal to be with AD and he may have turned down a deal from another team for a bit more. He was not in demand. He is likely less in demand this year. Unless he has some serious issues I'd take a flyer on the guy. He has talent and can play even if he maybe sorta old school in being a guy that scores around the hoop.

One thing I will mention about Ian Clark is a couple analysts during the playoffs mentioned teams wanted to attack him defensively. The Dunc'd on podcast said the other day he can't defend anyone. Maybe he doesn't suck that bad but it's something to consider when you think about how much you may want to spend or want the Wolves to spend for him.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

For anyone who cares, the Kings chose NOT to extend a qualifying offer to McLemore, making him an unrestricted FA.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

60WinTim wrote:For anyone who cares, the Kings chose NOT to extend a qualifying offer to McLemore, making him an unrestricted FA.

Interesting. I would bring him in.
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:For anyone who cares, the Kings chose NOT to extend a qualifying offer to McLemore, making him an unrestricted FA.

He is still young enough to be better than this but the other day I was looking at his stats and I just got the feeling he will be the next Wes johnson. He has talent and is an NBA bench player. If you are basically paying the vet min or so it's a great value. I have no idea what the market for a guy like that will be. A team like Miami or Dallas who may have opportunity to play him a lot would make sense. I wouldn't mind signing him if it was cheap but ai don't really have illusions of him becoming something significantly better that he is already but he can shoot and hit 3's.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

lipoli390 wrote:

We have plenty of big men, too many. With Livingston at 10-12, no thanks. Guy can't shoot 3's, and need to be careful to taking players from teams like GS. System and team culture were off the charts. He played such limited minutes also.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

crazysauce wrote:I dont think its a good idea to go in on bigger contracts for the tony snells of the world. Not that snell cant be good but look at how the best teams in the nba are built. They have 4 or five guys making most of their payroll and a lot of value guys or bargain deals on the bench. Obviously its harder to do that without a history of winning but we need to find bargain deals that can contribute. Go hard after millsap and then fill bench with bargain guys. They can be found. And if we have the coaching that we claim to have they can be coached up to be serviceable. Stars win in this league. Just the way it is. Cleveland who has spent way more than i see us ever is the only team has larger contracts deeper down there bench.

Agree with this 100%
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

crazysauce wrote:Call me crazy, (or sauce) but i would try to sign......royce white to a cheap contract. Low risk high reward. Jimmer would be another. Take some guys that have the upside but dont need to be paid a lot. Depend on thibs to get the best out of their talent. Then we can spend on a big name. Preferably chris paul, but wouldnt be opposed to millsap.

I'd be on board with taking a flyer on White. Perfect forward for today's game. Watched him a lot in high school. Talented player.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

You are crazy. :). Actually, I kind of like the idea of signing Jimmer. As for Royce White, I don't see it, but on a cheap, short-term contract, there's no real risk.

Some other team may sign White but I would actually bet money it won't be the Wolves. Thibs wants everyone that's all in on basketball and that isn't White. He has his own crusade for mental health and the last I heard he said he wouldn't sign with an NBA team until the whole league addressed it more.

White is probably a long shot. He's game is a lot like Draymon's. Unfortunate about his mental health issues. Hopefully he can make it back.