Rubio vs Teague (GDT)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Rubio vs Teague (GDT)

Post by kekgeek »

Camden0916 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Belly played 45 minutes tonight.

This honestly might be Thibs last year.

Yes, let's fire Thibs. I'm glad this topic is back.

I've been supporting him all year. But if we miss the playoffs. He will be in trouble
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Camden wrote:

Normally, this is reactionary, but I said earlier, how do you bring this thing back next year if they collapse? Everything that would come out of Thibs' mouth would be meaningless. Hell, Jimmy's words would ring really hollow. As a fanbase, we've put up with more than we frankly deserve. If this isn't a breaking point for a lot of fans, then as a fan you don't have a breaking point and you kinda deserve what's happening.

Remember every reaction people like Jeff Van Gundy had and some writers had where critical fans were criticized for not enjoying the ride enough? If those fans turn out to be right, oh man.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Tonight's loss puts the Wolves on the 0-7 path I feared through this tough seven game stretch. I didn't watch the game, but I did see the play where Towns got his second technical. Yes, he should have gotten the and-one on that. But he has to grow up and shut his trap. He already had one technical at the time, which means he had to be extra careful. I sympathize with him. He really doesn't not get a fair shake from the officials most games. I watch live at Target Center how he repeatedly gets held and smacked around more than the opposing team's center but gets no calls. Nevertheless, he has to be smart. The Wolves might have won this game if KAT hadn't gotten tossed.

Looking at the box score, Crawford had another horrific game. I apologize for repeating myself, but it's ridiculous that Thibs didn't sign anyone -- at least an Anthony Morrow -- by the deadline for playoff eligibility. Either Thibs is being an idiot not pursuing another wing or no one worthwhile wants to play for Thibs. Either way, Thibs looks bad. But that's for another thread.

I thought way back at the beginning of the season that this team was way too reliant on Butler. There was no excuse for starting the season so dependent on Jimmy and with Jamaal Crawford as the team's only scoring wing off the bench. Maybe the Wolves can bounce back at home against the Celtics and then steal one on the road against the Wizards. But if not, the I'd just as soon see this team continue the collapse and end up with two first round picks this summer.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

lipoli390 wrote:Tonight's loss puts the Wolves on the 0-7 path I feared through this tough seven game stretch. I didn't watch the game, but I did see the play where Towns got his second technical. Yes, he should have gotten the and-one on that. But he has to grow up and shut his trap. He already had one technical at the time, which means he had to be extra careful. I sympathize with him. He really doesn't not get a fair shake from the officials most games. I watch live at Target Center how he repeatedly gets held and smacked around more than the opposing team's center but gets no calls. Nevertheless, he has to be smart. The Wolves might have won this game if KAT hadn't gotten tossed.

Looking at the box score, Crawford had another horrific game. I apologize for repeating myself, but it's ridiculous that Thibs didn't sign anyone -- at least an Anthony Morrow -- by the deadline for playoff eligibility. Either Thibs is being an idiot not pursuing another wing or no one worthwhile wants to play for Thibs. Either way, Thibs looks bad. But that's for another thread.

I thought way back at the beginning of the season that this team was way too reliant on Butler. There was no excuse for starting the season so dependent on Jimmy and with Jamaal Crawford as the team's only scoring wing off the bench. Maybe the Wolves can bounce back at home against the Celtics and then steal one on the road against the Wizards. But if not, the I'd just as soon see this team continue the collapse and end up with two first round picks this summer.

I'm sure the Iowa Wolves will appreciate the much needed infusion of talent.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

kekgeek1 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I've been supporting him all year. But if we miss the playoffs. He will be in trouble

I doubt we miss the playoffs, but even if we did, his job is pretty safe.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Watched some clips from the game what a weird one. It looks like from the box score the whole G-league crew was available. It's good to see Taj was able to play.

I know this stretch is tough and it's likely going to result in the Wolves first losing streak of more than 2 games but don't lose heart the Wolves schedule has some easier teams coming up and before that maybe they can steal a game. It seems like even though some things haven't gone their way they have at least been in these last couple games which should be a bit encouraging. They haven't completely fallen apart and they are playing above .500 teams on the road.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I doubt we miss the playoffs, but even if we did, his job is pretty safe.

I continue to agree with you Cam that it's highly unlikely the Wolves miss the playoffs. After beating the Bulls and Kings following Butler's injury, I was hoping the Wolves could finish 5th or 6th. But I thought the most likely result would be a 7th or 8th finish. The past couple games have confirmed my view that the Wolves will finish 7th or 8th -- more likely 8th -- and have no realistic chance of finishing 6th or better.

So now I'm hoping for a 9th place finish. As I've mentioned before, I don't see this team getting any significant benefit from getting its ass kicked in a first-round series against the Warriors or Rockets. Any minimal benefit from that sort of experience would be far outweighed by keeping what would likely be the 14th pick in the draft. We are a Donovan Mitchell away from being back on a possible championship trajectory.

As for Thibs' job, I agree it's pretty safe. If we miss the playoffs AND there is some sort of mini player revolt against Thibs, then I could see him getting booted. But I don't see a mini-revolt happening now that Thibs has surrounded himself with his guys Butler, Taj and Teague.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

There are a handful of teams behind the wolves vying for a spot that have a harder strength of schedule than the Wolves. I still see the Wolves being a 5 or 6 seed
TXviking [enjin:6602528]

Post by TXviking [enjin:6602528] »

To Porks thought that things still might work out. Yes our losses are adding up. But the teams below us still have to play more than us.

At the end of the season fresh legs matter. As the games are played out those around us will have more losses too.
worldK

Post by worldK »

A random funny moment in this game. When teague body check rubio and standard nba fake fight/ scuffle was about to happen. You can see our assistant coach,the legendary patrick ewing rushing to stand up from his chair to break the scuffle but then he fell on his ass in doing so while standing up from his chair! Funny shit. You can check out the youtube video for it.