Wolves Hire Thibs

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Wolves Hire Thibs

Post by 60WinTim »

Camden wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Wow! Anyone catch Barreiro's interview with Chicago sportswriter Joe Cowley?

If not, make sure you go listen to it.

Tibbs is perfect!

Is there a link you could provide? Would make it easier.

It's not posted, yet. It should be there later today. I thought he was interviewing you, Cam. He was detailing all the problems the Chicago FO has!
worldK

Post by worldK »

Like some here, Thibs is not my first or second choice. But I'm fine with him and he is a huge upgrade from Sam as coach. You can't deny the success and great job he has done as a head coach. I'm glad we make the decision quickly. We are starting to look like a top notch organization with this quick and decisive search.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

60WinTim wrote:
Camden wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Wow! Anyone catch Barreiro's interview with Chicago sportswriter Joe Cowley?

If not, make sure you go listen to it.

Tibbs is perfect!

Is there a link you could provide? Would make it easier.

It's not posted, yet. It should be there later today. I thought he was interviewing you, Cam. He was detailing all the problems the Chicago FO has!

I'll be sure to look for it then! I'm already excited to hear it.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Listen to the first 20 minutes of this and tell me this doesn't get you excited. David Thorpe is one of the smartest basketball guys out there, he and Windhurst are drooling over this move. I like when Thorpe said we should take the slow approach with this roster.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/play?id=15281177
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Good news and exciting times. As a couple of others have already stated, the fact that they moved quickly was probably as important as who they ultimately chose. There were obviously several good candidates available/interested. But if they liked Thibbs, then no point in dragging things out. Get your guy and let him go to work. Now I'll be watching for players who Thibbs has previously coached to be moving over to play here. I saw a few names thrown out in the other thread. I have no doubt the high profile coach will allow us more options in Free Agency that we wouldn't have had with Sam. Will be a fun off season.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Let's give Al Horford all of the moneys.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden wrote:Let's give Al Horford all of the moneys.

My thought exactly. Just too perfect of a fit not to try.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Duke13 wrote:Listen to the first 20 minutes of this and tell me this doesn't get you excited. David Thorpe is one of the smartest basketball guys out there, he and Windhurst are drooling over this move. I like when Thorpe said we should take the slow approach with this roster.

Hey they all like Bazz. I actually think Bazz is going to benefit more than anyone from Thibs. If Thibs can't get through to him, he'll get dealt. But I think Thibs is going to love his work ethic and turn him into a more well rounded player.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15281730

Zach Lowe and Tom Haberstroh on it too.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

thedoper wrote:
Duke13 wrote:Listen to the first 20 minutes of this and tell me this doesn't get you excited. David Thorpe is one of the smartest basketball guys out there, he and Windhurst are drooling over this move. I like when Thorpe said we should take the slow approach with this roster.

Hey they all like Bazz. I actually think Bazz is going to benefit more than anyone from Thibs. If Thibs can't get through to him, he'll get dealt. But I think Thibs is going to love his work ethic and turn him into a more well rounded player.

I'm just glad there were not any big moves done by Sam/Milt - specifically at the trading deadline. The new regime now can do their own evaluations and determine who fits and who should be moved. It will be interesting. Guys who were favored by Sam, may not be guys that Thibbs likes/wants to keep. It's sort of like any of us getting a new boss at our jobs. Expect some changes!