WTF - Vikings don't want Panthers TE Greg Olsen in broadcast booth for their game

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

WTF - Vikings don't want Panthers TE Greg Olsen in broadcast booth for their game

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I agree. This is Bullshit.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-dont-want-panthers-te-greg-olsen-broadcast-booth-game-201751428.html
Monster

Re: WTF - Vikings don't want Panthers TE Greg Olsen in broadcast booth for their game

Post by Monster »

It's kinda weird usually if current players are doing the broadcast thing it's because their season is over. If he isn't given the usual access it's probably not a big deal but teams have the right to limit that and not be happy about him calling a game.

When I used to officiate city league flag football I used to ask to not be assigned to games of the teams of guys I knew well. Sometimes it didn't matter because there were blowouts but I didn't want there to be any questions even if I was just a linesman. I miss doing that easy Sunday work for $15 an hour. Lol
TAFKASP

Re: WTF - Vikings don't want Panthers TE Greg Olsen in broadcast booth for their game

Post by TAFKASP »

Teams scout upcoming opponents so having a playing in the booth is pretty meaningless IMO. There isn't going to be anything that Olson see's in the booth that the team will not have access to on film prior to their game with the Vikings. It's not unusual to see teams sign a player recently released by an upcoming opponent and it never matters in the outcome.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Why not Aaron Rodgers? He has the time. :-)
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

TheSP wrote:Teams scout upcoming opponents so having a playing in the booth is pretty meaningless IMO. There isn't going to be anything that Olson see's in the booth that the team will not have access to on film prior to their game with the Vikings. It's not unusual to see teams sign a player recently released by an upcoming opponent and it never matters in the outcome.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

They (upcoming Broadcasters) do get some access to certain meetings pre game and get to ask questions. Now the Vikings will have to keep things very generic as to not give inside info they want leaked or potentially leaked out.

Zim to Olsen- "We're looking to play hard and tackle well."
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Why not Aaron Rodgers? He has the time. :-)

I was thinking that too. I was watching the Scott Van Pelt show last night and they had a segment of Rodgers and Kenny Mayne talking on the field before the Bears game and rehashing some of the memories of stuff they did together. It was pretty hilarious. Josh Bellamy from the Bears came over at one point and Mayne said "is it out to fraternize with the opposition like this?" Rodgers says "it's cool we went to the same Juco college".

Leaving this here

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings-blog/content/2017-11-15-heres-why-greg-olsen-working-the-vikings-broadcast-is-still-a-big-deal/

I think the Viking should request that Sam Bradford gets to cover a Panthers game.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I just don't think it's that big of a deal after the restrictions they put in. If we're a good team we should be able to beat them regardless of a possible minor competitive advantage. There's so much tape out there that there's not gonna be any looks we throw out there that they already can't see. What kryptonite is he gonna pick up that's gonna win them the game? Our production meetings are all the same lol. Thielen didn't get a scholarship to play college football. When would Teddy enter the game if things go south with Keenum? And you've covered 90% of it.

Kahns - i agree it is a limited benefit, but seriously how much benefit is it for him to be part of this game. It is just stupid of the league to allow it because it looks bad.

They talked about this on Power Trip. Vikings basically control everything. They don't have to talk to media and can fill them with BS so I am not sure why Fox would want to do this.

If I am Greg Olsen I would have been asking Fox to pick another game from the outset.