GO AWAY!

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

GO AWAY!

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Serlously! Jerry Kill is full of himself. Shut up already!

http://www.startribune.com/jerry-kill-tells-btn-com-p-j-fleck-walked-into-a-gold-mine/417802963/
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: GO AWAY!

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I agree, bleed...he needs to go away permanently. My feelings about Kill have varied over the years. When he was first hired, there was something about him I didn't like and I canceled my season tickets with a nasty note to the A.D. But as I heard him speak a few times, and especially when we started to win more, I decided I may have been wrong about him. But after his second seizure and watching the horrified expressions on the players that had to watch him writhing on the turf, I posted here that he needed to do the right thing and retire...both for himself and his players. When he didn't retire, I began to see how petty and narcissistic he was...although he fooled me for awhile with his country charm.

His behavior in the last year has strengthened my negative thoughts about Kill...he is only concerned about his own legacy, and his self-serving comments show this. Go away, Jerry, and don't come back!
Monster

Post by Monster »

From more of the outside looking in it seems like Kill was a guy that did a pretty good job as the coach and now is all pissed he and his buddy isn't getting lots of love for all he did. He is protecting his guy Claeys. I would say some of that is justified but at some point why not just move on and be more classy? I like how the author went back and looked up what Fleck and Coyle said. Kill is probably a little upset he didn't get any kind of offer from the university after all he did for them. You would think at some point he would figure out that doesn't work well to have the former head of whatever just hanging around when...at some point you may go in another direction than Kill's guy. It's not like Kill is a MN native or transplant or Gopher alumni or something like that. It's not like it's Time Osborn or Barry Alvarez sticking around because they are ledgends.

Why doesn't he move on? Some of Coyle's comments could have been less negative though so...eh again why not move on? To me it seems obvious he feels he and Claeys were wronged.

In addition he seems pretty irrational. I wouldn't call the team a "gold mine" when they have been going through all the stuff with players being investigated etc. good thing Pitino had a really nice season to help put some of all the crap that's gone on at that university a bit out of sight out of mind. He should probably get a big bonus just for that even if they didn't win a game in the tourney.

I think the team is going to suck this year. Fleck inherited a program that was recruiting poorly.

My problem with Kill is he was middle of the road and has major entitlement issues. He wanted to be Bud Grant. I am sure he reasoned that since he didn't win anything either he should be in the same category.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I think the team is going to suck this year. Fleck inherited a program that was recruiting poorly.

My problem with Kill is he was middle of the road and has major entitlement issues. He wanted to be Bud Grant. I am sure he reasoned that since he didn't win anything either he should be in the same category.

You don't win 9 games with a program that's recruiting poorly. Fleck is walking into a decent program getting over a scandal. That being said it's far from a gold mine.

I think the recruiting classes have been going down hill since the health issues Kill had. Then you add in Claeys not being a good recuriter and I think we have at least 2 poor classes of players in the pipe. We are pretty lucky to land Fleck. I would have shit canned Kill for him personly. He seems to have the it factor. (Kool-aid slammed not sipped)

Inherits a gold mine of a team with barely enough OL and DL to practice.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/30/gophers-receive-commitment-from-ohio-offensive-lineman/