Let's get this party started....sleep is overrated! Lakers GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Let's get this party started....sleep is overrated! Lakers GDT

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Carlos Danger wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

My point was that we've been hearing about Rubio getting screwed out of assists for 4+ years now. It happens to everybody regularly and evens out over time. No reason to repeatedly talk about all of his "could-a-been" assists time after time after time.

I haven't seen a lot of people going over board with "repeatedly talking about could a been assists time after time" myself. Perhaps it's just a soft spot for you. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out a beautiful pass/muffed basket like his one to Prince last night. The context was a discussion of Rubio's great night - so it seemed appropriate to note considering many might not have watched the game.

It's mentioned nearly any time this board discusses Rubio's game. Seriously.

After umpteenth mentions of it only for Rubio... yeah... I noticed it.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:KG is about as far from being an "enforcer" as you can get. Quite frankly, he's a pussy.

Ok then call him a disrupter, an agitator, whatever it is, somebody on this team has to do it.
Monster

Post by Monster »

ToddGak wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:KG is about as far from being an "enforcer" as you can get. Quite frankly, he's a pussy.

Ok then call him a disrupter, an agitator, whatever it is, somebody on this team has to do it.

I could do without the way KG does it at times but it's a little sad when you miss guys like Hollins and Steimsma partly because they were guys that got under players skin. Alot of that was they just played hard though.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

His bad tech could have come back to haunt us though if Lou makes that runner at the end of the game. Being an agitator is fine, but you can't get a tech for trash talking your opponent. That's a free point to the other team for no reason. Get a tech if they get chippy first or if the refs suck, but don't get the first tech for something as dumb as trash talking. If anything it fired Randle up and got him to play harder and only gave us the benefit of 1 non-shooting foul that was well acted by KG. Not worth it.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

TheGrey08 wrote:Real Super Dave @SuperStatsDave
Bjelica (aka...Professor Big Shots) was a -10 in the 1st half but is +22 in the 2nd half and +12 overall

+22 lol damn

Yup. Who were the folks here that mocked me for suggesting that he might be on the floor a lot at the end of close games? Hopefully between pre-season play and Game 1, he's opened some previously skeptical eyes.

Carlos Danger wrote:I went to bed shortly after the Lakers drained a half court to close out the 1st quarter. I hit "record" on the DVR...but of course this a.m. I didn't have enough self control to just watch the game and instead went straight to the laptop to see what happened. Nice win! Let's be honest - the Lakers probably are going to stink again this year. But a win is a win - especially on the road. Certainly some things that still need to be tightened up i.e. Defense. But a lot of young guys still learning to play....I think that's normal. Get me 30+ wins this year and this team will have taken a step in the right direction.

Agree. Given where my expectations are (mid-20s for wins), ANY win on the road - I don't care if we're playing a D-league team - is a good win.

BizarroJerry wrote:
60WinTim wrote:I saw a couple comments about this being "two bad teams". But the Lakers look better to me than I thought they would. I prefer to think of these two teams as mediocre, but looking to improve over the course of the season.

Agreed Doug, they're not that bad. I like that KG is our "enforcer", well, until Q's letters to Jeff Adrien result in a signing later this year.

The letters had to stop as part of my restraining order. Sorry guys.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Q12543 wrote:
Bjelica (aka...Professor Big Shots) was a -10 in the 1st half but is +22 in the 2nd half and +12 overall

+22 lol damn

Yup. Who were the folks here that mocked me for suggesting that he might be on the floor a lot at the end of close games? Hopefully between pre-season play and Game 1, he's opened some previously skeptical eyes.

Don't you know we leave debates unfinished around here, Q? At the end of the season, the board won't even remember to give credit to those that argued in Bjelica's favor time and time again.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Camden wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

+22 lol damn

Don't you know we leave debates unfinished around here, Q? At the end of the season, the board won't even remember to give credit to those that argued in Bjelica's favor time and time again.

Q and Cam, I readily admit I was one of them. I'm impressed by bjelica. He and Towns where the right choice to go with at the end of last nights game.

I remember us debating who will play with kg at the end of games with the two of you and others going with bjelica and me and others going with dieng or pek(if helthy). Another good thing out of this is that KAT has shown that he is more ready than we expected and that KG might not be needed to play at end of games becaus of this.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Camden wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

+22 lol damn

I started the true Bjelica hype thread this offseason but a few, including Cam, were starting the hype train last season