Inmates

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Inmates

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

When did people get so sensitive? The NFL surely has a PR problem on their hands. Will we ever see the salary cap for a major sports team go done.
TAFKASP

Re: Inmates

Post by TAFKASP »

bleedspeed177 wrote:When did people get so sensitive?

Victimhood is the ultimate status for today's youth. It was a stupid thing to say given the situation, but the reaction was equally pathetic. As for the salary cap going down, I sure hope so. The NFL is becoming like Hollywood in openly thumbing their noses at half their audience and we can see how well that's working out for them.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Let's be honest here many of our figures of speech are not the best. I'll give the Texans owner the benefit of the doubt and he apologized but I also think it's perfectly reasonable to take what he said the wrong way and be upset about it.

I'll add here that I heard a terrific presentation on communication last week by a good friend of mine that talked about how often we use language to convey our point and we don't even think of the meaning. An example would be "going to war" to play a tough game or into some difficult task. Some of them are great at conveying (another example transporting your idea) what you are wanting to say and some certainly could offend someone. The "inmates" comment is probably one example of this.

Monster - I agree and would have loved to have seen that presentation on communication.

I think a lot of stuff gets taken out of context and this certainly seems like one of them. I think a bigger problem in today's society is nobody holds themselves accountable.

I remember during a job interview. A more senior accomplished colleague and I were going for the same job. He said how he would demand change from other departments to provide better performance from the team. I talked about how I would work within the structure and better deal with the problems those departments created for us. I got the job. I know it is a lot easier for me to take a different strategy then try to change everyone else's. I know if my action hurt my companies image and revenue they would deal with it. It is there right and it would be my right to determine if I wanted to continue working for them and if the action is worth the sacrifice.

Are things heating up?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2017/11/01/papa-johns-founder-net-worth-falls-70-million-in-hours-blames-nfl-protests/#2cf332797ffb
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Are things heating up?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2017/11/01/papa-johns-founder-net-worth-falls-70-million-in-hours-blames-nfl-protests/#2cf332797ffb

I don't really get the connection. What I do know is that a few years ago I had Papa Johns fairly often. Various friends and family ordered it a lot. It's more of a rarity now honestly even though there are commercials often I forget it exists. There are other options out there it doesn't seem like in my little sphere it's quite the hot ticket it once was. I'd be interested to hear from some of the posters here that are closer to financial gurus than me about this "sudden" drop. Jason?

I would love to see the metrics on this. I would guess they know how many pizzas are ordered on days of the week and times. They could correlate that into a drop in sales etc.

I saw an article saying that Jerry Jones was helping push this along to get rid of Goodell.

Things are getting ugly. Jerry Jones threatens to sue NFL if Roger Goodell's contract extension is approved

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21342623/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-threatens-sue-nfl-roger-goodell
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Things are getting ugly. Jerry Jones threatens to sue NFL if Roger Goodell's contract extension is approved

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21342623/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-threatens-sue-nfl-roger-goodell

Kluwe was on a podcast a few weeks ago that deals with various lawyer stuff and they had him on the podcast because they were talking about Kap's collusion case. Kluwe claimed Jerry Jones basically runs the league and has for 20 years. There is probably some truth to that but I thought it was likely a bit over the top. Lol
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Things are getting ugly. Jerry Jones threatens to sue NFL if Roger Goodell's contract extension is approved

Kluwe was on a podcast a few weeks ago that deals with various lawyer stuff and they had him on the podcast because they were talking about Kap's collusion case. Kluwe claimed Jerry Jones basically runs the league and has for 20 years. There is probably some truth to that but I thought it was likely a bit over the top. Lol

Robert Kraft would like to chime in on this. Think of how many times they've been busted for cheating and how little they've had to pay for it.