Redskins vs Vikings Thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Redskins vs Vikings Thread

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Start of the second half of the season begins Sunday. Do we come out of the gates hot or did we cool off during the week off?

Re: Redskins vs Vikings Thread

Will Remmers play?
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I wouldn't say they went into the break hot given the quality of the teams they were playing and the difficulty they had with a couple of them. They're going to have to play much better and more consistent on offense if they want to come close to having the same level of success over the final 8 as they did the opening 8!

Remmers is out. Clemmings might start at LT for Redskins. That would pretty much seal it for us winning if that happens.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Remmers is out. Clemmings might start at LT for Redskins. That would pretty much seal it for us winning if that happens.

Washington has been winning some games with a beat up oline. That's impressive but when does it catch up to them? Hopefully it this week. =)

I watched a preseason game from this year where our new RB we picked up from Washington played. He didn't play much at Florida because of injury and because its Florida (I'd guess no shortage of RB talent there) so basically there isn't any scouting reports or video from him in college. He seems to have a nice ability to make jump cuts and he has some nice burst. He seems to be comfortable as a 3rd down back that's how they were using him early in the game. He did have a fumble but they put him back out there the next drive. It seems he is a guy that just wants to play and will do anything including special teams. He returned a kick in that game as well. Is he amazing? idk but he seems somewhat intriguing and he is a low mileage guy since he hasn't been the guy...ever. He looks like a guy with more juice than say Banyard or Asiata (OK the later is a low bar). McKinnon is an unrestricted FA and I would like to keep him but maybe some team offers him a bunch of money and a starting position. Then there is Murray who the Vikings could save over 5 million if they just cut him. So there is a possibility of needing to find another RB and Brown will be a restricted FA. My guess is if Murray is willing to restructure he may stay around. I can't see the Vikings wanting to pay in Total over 6 million for a backup RB next year which is what Murray would be.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yeah, Washington is a pretty good team, but beat-up offensive lines don't fare well against the Vikes. Griffin being out hurts us a lot, but I see us winning a close one today if our other defensive stars can step up.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Wow, what a start to the game! Cousins is very good, and our defense might struggle without Everson. But our offensive line is also very good (yes, I said it), and we bounced right back with an easy TD. Could be an interesting game.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Keenum says "Teddy who"?

Wow this has turned into a shootout.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Case has no intention of giving up the job!