Gopher buckets!

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Gopher buckets!

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

With the Wolves mired in another lottery season, it might be time to give a little attention to this Gopher team. I've gone to the barn for a couple games, and they are physical and athletic...some good shooters too. The first two Big 10 games have both been classics, losing in overtime to MSU and then beating a very good Purdue team in overtime on the road. And how about Caleb Swanigan...28 points and 22 rebounds, are you kidding me???????

Time to hop in this bandwagon.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Gopher buckets!

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

I'm starting to believe that the less I pay attention to a Minnesota team, the better they do. The more I pay attention, the worse. The Lynx and Wild are two examples of teams I hardly follow at all. I didn't even know they were in the midst of an epic win streak until one of my cousins (an avid hockey fan) told me on Christmas Eve. And then there is the Lynx.....never followed them until this year's championship game. They lost.

I watched pretty much that whole Michigan State game wire to wire. Frustrating. I didn't even know they played Purdue until I read about it the next day! They won of course....
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Q - Thank you for coming forward and admitting you are the problem. Please stop watching the Wolves and become a hockey fan.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Get ready for the Jellyfam era next year! As a New Yorker who watches him all the time out here in the summer, Isaiah Washington is the real deal.

Interesting

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/jelly-fam-new-york-city-basketball-isaiah-washington/

Pulling for the Gophers. Part of it is I just like the barn so much better then TC.

Thanks WW and bleed for the Washington stuff. I can't wait for this guy to play here. The Gophers are set at guard for one more year, but Springs has been getting 25 minutes a game as a third guard and I expect Washington will fill this role off the bench next year...and then be the starting PG off of that. He may even be good enough to be a one and done though. In any event, terrific recruit for Pitino.

I just hope Pitino can have a clean program. Winning doesn't taste good when you have a bunch of knuckleheads doing stupid stuff and it all over the media.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I've been seeing some good hype on Twitter surrounding the Gophers. I just looked up the Huskers schedule and I am disappointed the Gophers are not coming to town this year.

Speaking of the Huskers they just won back to back games on the road against Indiana and Maryland. It was only a couple weeks ago they lost to Gardner Webb and some people were calling for Miles to be fired. Big 10 Basketball is no joke and if programs like the Gophers and Nebraska get on track...man it's going to be an even tougher conference.

Another road win for the Gophs tonight beating a 12-3 Northwestern team. Take away their Wolves-like blowing of an 18 point lead against MSU, and they would be sitting on top of the standings at 3-0. Really fun team to watch...if only our Wolves could show half of the grit these guys show.

Monster, fun to see your Nebraska team starting out the Big 10 season so strong after a poor preseason. Yeah, too bad the Gophs aren't coming to Lincoln this year.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Another road win for the Gophs tonight beating a 12-3 Northwestern team. Take away their Wolves-like blowing of an 18 point lead against MSU, and they would be sitting on top of the standings at 3-0. Really fun team to watch...if only our Wolves could show half of the grit these guys show.

Monster, fun to see your Nebraska team starting out the Big 10 season so strong after a poor preseason. Yeah, too bad the Gophs aren't coming to Lincoln this year.

3-0 to start the big 10 for the Huskers. Hard to believe. It may actually be fun to follow both of these programs this year. Miles has tightened up his rotation the last few games basically only play 6 guys heavy minutes. If I wasn't on vacation I would have been mad if I hadn't gone to that overtime win for the Huskers over Iowa.