dumbest rumor yet

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
all_day_88 [enjin:6666373]

dumbest rumor yet

Post by all_day_88 [enjin:6666373] »

http://fansided.com/2014/07/22/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kevin-martin-gorgui-dieng-trade-offer/#!bkbkpU
Lipoli390

Re: dumbest rumor yet

Post by Lipoli390 »

Pretty silly speculation. Not credible, but if the Cavs are really insisting on getting both Love AND Dieng for Wiggins and Bennett, it's time for Flip to shift his entire focus to Chicago.
all_day_88 [enjin:6666373]

Post by all_day_88 [enjin:6666373] »

I wouldn't have posted it given the source but it made espn's insider rumors too http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=28449&ex_cid=espnapi_public
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I don't understand why everyone thinks Kevin Martin's contract is horrible. Sure he doesn't play a lick of D, but 6.5 Mil a year for a 19ppg efficient scorer is far from bad.

Compare that to Mayo and Marcus Thornton's contract and it's a steal.

If Love is traded we are gonna need Martin's scoring.
MikeAz [enjin:6636981]

Post by MikeAz [enjin:6636981] »

I would hope that Flip doesn't ship Dieng out, that would be a mistake, especially if they are going into full rebuild mode again.
horatio81 [enjin:7751176]

Post by horatio81 [enjin:7751176] »

KiwiMatt wrote:I don't understand why everyone thinks Kevin Martin's contract is horrible. Sure he doesn't play a lick of D, but 6.5 Mil a year for a 19ppg efficient scorer is far from bad.

Martin's contract isn't so much horrible as extremely ill-suited to a rebuild. He'll score enough some nights to win us games we'd rather lose. He's also a name-brand wing who will soak up 30ish minutes a night - minutes that should be spent developing young players. Worst of all, he's actually got enough years left on that deal to potentially interfere with extensions for other players down the line. Losing a good young player for financial reasons in 3-4 years because we missed the opportunity to ship out Martin's contract? That's what happens to be GMs.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

If they made the deal for Wiggins I'd rather get the best talent/skilled players we can and win as much as possible. This isn't a complete rebuild. They'd need to unload Pek for sure in order to do that. The Wolves are lucky enough to have a few young talented guys already even before trading Love.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

horatio81 wrote:
KiwiMatt wrote:I don't understand why everyone thinks Kevin Martin's contract is horrible. Sure he doesn't play a lick of D, but 6.5 Mil a year for a 19ppg efficient scorer is far from bad.

Martin's contract isn't so much horrible as extremely ill-suited to a rebuild. He'll score enough some nights to win us games we'd rather lose. He's also a name-brand wing who will soak up 30ish minutes a night - minutes that should be spent developing young players. Worst of all, he's actually got enough years left on that deal to potentially interfere with extensions for other players down the line. Losing a good young player for financial reasons in 3-4 years because we missed the opportunity to ship out Martin's contract? That's what happens to be GMs.

I really don't think Flips plan, even if Love gets traded, is to bottom out. He wants to get bums on seats playing exciting basketball while trying to win games.

Trading both Love and Martin loses us 44 points a game. That's half of a teams points. I hope we play good defence!