Summer League - Game 3 - Wolves v. Bulls

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Summer League - Game 3 - Wolves v. Bulls

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

PorkChop wrote:Is it just me or is Shabazz judged much harsher than any pick in recent years. Which suprises me cuz its not like he was a lottery pick. Yes Wes and Derick got their share of criticism but not at this level. And they were lotttery pics. Seems to me most just want to see him fail becuz so many were against the pic on draft nite. In the bit minutesI saw from him in real games he showed some promise. Yet we dwell on SL games. I understand some frustration but remember that was a shitty draft and pickings were slim.

He's judged harshly largely because he was a much heralded high school prospect that for a long time was considered the #1 up and coming player in the nation. Then a series of minor scandals started to chip away at his reputation - we find out he was a year older than the rest of his high school class; the infamous sulk after an opposing team mate hit the game winner that he would have preferred to hit; the rookie camp incident where he broke the rule of bringing a girl into his room.

But none of that stuff is a major deal. The biggest issue to me is that he has a glaring lack of fundamental skills that you would expect from a top wing prospect. He can't drive right; he can't dribble; he can't pass; his ability to shoot off the dribble is horrific. He's just an extremely flawed player. I'm rooting for the guy to succeed because he's a Timberwolf, but watching him out there is not pretty at times. Love the work ethic though.
Monster

Re: Summer League - Game 3 - Wolves v. Bulls

Post by Monster »

Bazz did have a better 2nd half and his defense really found more of a groove in the 2nd half too. What you gotta like is how hard the guy is playing and how hard he is obviously trying. In the 2nd half he slowed down a little on those scoring opportunities and it made for easier shot opportunities a couple times. He is doing Brewer 300 mph sometimes and he ends up with a bad scoring opportunities. His ball handling really is better even if he only goes Left at least he doesn't make you cringe when he does that which was the case last year in SL. I also like he has some flat out nasty toughness about him. It might get him in trouble, but I see him as a guy that could be an x factor off the bench and what he is showing could help you some nights. If it isn't you sit him. If Williams or Wes ever played as hard as Bazz is right now I think they woudl have been pretty good players. I'll keep hoping he can smooth out his game. Before he didn't have alot to work with. I think he may have an idea of what he is looking to do now.