Warriors offering Klay Thompson..

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Warriors offering Klay Thompson..

Post by Lipoli390 »

I think Mirotic is better than any prospect in this draft except Parker, Wiggins, Exum and Embiid (excluding health issues).
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

I'll admit I have probably only seen Mirotic once or so, but there's probably about 10 players in this draft I'd take before him
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'd rather have Smart and Randle over Mirotic. That very well could just be me, though.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

I'd be more interested in Mirotic if he was already under contract and in the NBA. I'd personally prefer the Wolves not get into another Rubio situation at this point (waiting for a Euro). When there is a rebuild, that is one thing, but if Nikola is a big market queen like some say he is, then it becomes a whole big ordeal that the Wolves can't afford to mess with IMO. Thankfully, I think the Klay/Love deal happens sometime this next week.

Thankfully? What's so good about a 31 year old PF making $15M a year and a SG who isn't elite but will demand/likely get a near-max offer? Yikes.

No. 6, No. 17, 2016 BRK 1st, Olynyk, Bradley's rights, Bogans and Bass OR Anthony for Love and Martin.

That deal is miles better than Thompson, Lee and Barnes for Love and Martin. Keep in mind that GS is fighting to not give both Thompson and Barnes. Fuck Golden State. Keep your $15M man and your shooting guard that doesn't make his teammates better.

Rubio/Bradley would be a lockdown backcourt. No. 6 could easily be a spot where Embiid falls. No. 6 could also be a spot where Smart/Exum/Randle is available. Olynyk is a quality throw-in as well.

I have to think Flip knows this and is just using Golden State to force Danny Ainge's hand.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Has Ricky complained at all about having to play in MN since he got here? No. I'm tired of hearing about all these European divas who only want to go to specific markets. Mirotic is 23 and would have to waste several more years of his career before he could re-enter the draft and try to go somewhere else. These guys don't complain when they get here because they finally get to play in the NBA. It's not a valid argument to say we shouldn't get a guy because he might not want to play here when we have yet to see a single European name force his way out of a city after he has been drafted. All of their team posturing ends after they are drafted because that is when their leverage ends. Once they get drafted, they don't have a say in where they go unless they wait long enough to re-enter the draft which none of them do. Stop acting like these grown men are just little babies trying to cry their way onto whatever team they want to play for. The big names all come over and play for the team who drafted them unless they get traded as part of a deal which none of those deals have been centered around them to begin with.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Fran Vazquez has remained in Europe for the last nine years. I don't believe it is about getting to a different team, but not coming over is the same end result for the team holding his rights. Mirotic could be using the same plan, gaining leverage for a better contract overseas.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Camden wrote:Thankfully? What's so good about a 31 year old PF making $15M a year and a SG who isn't elite but will demand/likely get a near-max offer? Yikes.

I couldn't care less how much Lee makes or what Thompson will make. Who are we saving the cap space for again? The bottom line is that these guys have proven that they can produce and will continue to produce. Did I miss somewhere the fact that Thompson has already peaked and is all he will be? I am more than happy to bring him here for his prime years next to Rubio and see what he is capable of. That would be fun. Lee is a plenty capable bridge at the PF position and I personally think would mesh well with Ricky. I am in the win now camp, so yes "Thankfully."
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

khans2k5 wrote:Has Ricky complained at all about having to play in MN since he got here? No. I'm tired of hearing about all these European divas who only want to go to specific markets. Mirotic is 23 and would have to waste several more years of his career before he could re-enter the draft and try to go somewhere else. These guys don't complain when they get here because they finally get to play in the NBA. It's not a valid argument to say we shouldn't get a guy because he might not want to play here when we have yet to see a single European name force his way out of a city after he has been drafted. All of their team posturing ends after they are drafted because that is when their leverage ends. Once they get drafted, they don't have a say in where they go unless they wait long enough to re-enter the draft which none of them do. Stop acting like these grown men are just little babies trying to cry their way onto whatever team they want to play for. The big names all come over and play for the team who drafted them unless they get traded as part of a deal which none of those deals have been centered around them to begin with.

That's nice and all but the bottom line is what Nikola wants, not what his predecessors want. If he is a big question mark, its not worth the Wolves time at this point. Move him for a different piece.