Mile-high musings- Nuggets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Mile-high musings- Nuggets GDT

Post by thedoper »

I really think one of the vets has got to go. We are getting nothing from having all of them at this point. A martin trade has got to be coming to force Mitchell's hand on his subs.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Did the Wolves hire Hinkie away from the 6ers?
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

TheSP wrote:
PorkChop wrote:It's hard to feel disappointed when you just know it's coming.

It's not the loss that sucks, it's how pathetically they played. Too much talent on this team to continue to piss away leads against bad teams.

Yeah, but we are talking about three 20-years olds having to carry us. It is just not going to happen consistently. We hope they learn quickly and the consistency trends upwards...
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Had Mudiay not gotten hurt, I betcha we win this game. The veteran Jameer Nelson got a ton of burn and hit a bundle of 3-pointers and limited his mistakes. Gallo and Nelson got Denver back in it with that effing barrage of 3's in the third quarter. Gee, did that look familiar to anyone? It only happens to us every other game.

Bjelica did not have one of his finest games, but he is absolutely getting worked over by the refs. I swear, if you are a white European dude in his rookie year, you are not allowed to touch anyone.

Shit. This was a game we should have won. We can't keep giving up these big 2nd half leads.
Yosimar

Post by Yosimar »

thedoper wrote:
Yosimar wrote:
thedoper wrote:Well Towns got his shot. Yuck.

Kmart wasn't gonna make it, i doubt Wiggins would, the only other guy i would've liked seeing taking it would've been Lavine.

I would've had Rudez out there.

I thought Rudez would be out there too. It was just a bad play. Towns was running away from the hoop.

It wasn't a very good entry pass by Prince and KAT had to reach up higher than he should have. Speaking of Prince, guy was completely useless, missed a bunny of a layup and didn't do anything defensively.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Tayshuan played 34 minutes tonight and Bazz played 16. You can't tell me this was because of D because Tay was far and away our worst defender. He was also 0-5.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

60WinTim wrote:
TheSP wrote:
PorkChop wrote:It's hard to feel disappointed when you just know it's coming.

It's not the loss that sucks, it's how pathetically they played. Too much talent on this team to continue to piss away leads against bad teams.

Yeah, but we are talking about three 20-years olds having to carry us. It is just not going to happen consistently. We hope they learn quickly and the consistency trends upwards...

Rubio is afraid to shoot all game, at this point I dread Wiggins shooting free throws or anything late in a close game.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

thedoper wrote:Tayshuan played 34 minutes tonight and Bazz played 16. You can't tell me this was because of D because Tay was far and away our worst defender. He was also 0-5.

No way should Tay get 34mins. This is what's wrong with this franchise and why we constantly struggle to develop are younger players.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:I've never liked Gallo, but that's three clutch shots with hands in his face. I didn't see anything wrong with KMart's defense on him there. Just gotta tip your hat to Gallo.

You win with veterans. Ironic that it took an injury to their prize rookie to get Denver back in the game. Otherwise Malone would have kept Mudiay out there, and we would have won easily.

Martin did the best he could on Gallo at the end. But he was no match for Gallo. The problem was allowing Denver to the force the switch. The real problem was Prince. He was repeatedly chasing Gallo, unable to stay with him, allowing Gallo to get his feet set and get great looks. Prince is 35 but his poor mobility makes him look 40.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Wig is going to be a great player, but he's not a clutch player yet. His free throw percentage drops at crunch time, and he wouldn't normally miss that open 10-footer. Gotta be patient with these kids though.

He misses shots and free throws in crunch time. He passes the ball to Martin on a 2 on 1 break. He has a poor handle for an NBA wing. I love his physical talent. But I can't say he'll be a great player. My jury is way out on him. But I am prepared to say that Towns will be a great player - mental toughness, competitive fire, high BB IQ, great complete skill set for his position. Those are the building blocks of great players.

Wiggins is 20 years old. Guy still has a little bit of time to work on his handle and free throw shooting. Need to relax