Mile-high musings- Nuggets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Mile-high musings- Nuggets GDT

Post by KiwiMatt »

Mstermisty wrote:Done with K-mart and Prince at this point. Move Zack into the starting lineup, let Miller and Tyus backup Ricky, and more burn for Bjelica and Bazz.

Plus 1

It's clear we aren't going to make the playoffs now so it's all about developing are younger guys. Playing prince 34 mins makes absolutely no sense.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I'm not even sugar coat it: Wiggins is never gonna be a great player as long as his stat line continues to be empty other than scoring.
m4gor [enjin:6667447]

Post by m4gor [enjin:6667447] »

but yeah KAT will be our leader of a wolf pack .. that guy has a lot of fire in him .. KG is best mentor possible for him
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WildWolf2813 wrote:I'm not even sugar coat it: Wiggins is never gonna be a great player as long as his stat line continues to be empty other than scoring.

Good point Wild. It's perplexing that a guy with his hops, length and athleticism could be such a poor rebounder. What also gets overlooked is that he's a terrible passer. And he rarely gets loose balls. Watching him live it looks like he's day dreaming sometimes on the court. Very little natural reaction to the ball. What he can do in addition to score is defend. He can stick to his man and shut him down. That plus his overall physical talent and ability to score still give me hope.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

WildWolf2813 wrote:I'm not even sugar coat it: Wiggins is never gonna be a great player as long as his stat line continues to be empty other than scoring.

That is until he puts up 30 the next game and people put him back into the future top 5 players
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Wiggins is in his second year and people are willing to say he will never be this never be that. This all goes back to my frustration with Ricky. His second year people say he could be this could be that. And he still isn't but it seems their still more content with Ricky than Wiggins at this point. What gives! Why do some players get more rope. If your just bias to player just say it otherwise be consistent
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

PorkChop wrote:Wiggins is in his second year and people are willing to say he will never be this never be that. This all goes back to my frustration with Ricky. His second year people say he could be this could be that. And he still isn't but it seems their still more content with Ricky than Wiggins at this point. What gives! Why do some players get more rope. If your just bias to player just say it otherwise be consistent

baffles me as well
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

alexftbl8181 wrote:

That is until he puts up 30 the next game and people put him back into the future top 5 players

I won't. Next time he scores 30 I'll praise him but I'll still refrain from predicting he'll be great. If he also has 7 rebounds, 4 assist and 2 steals or 2 blocks, then I'll start to get excited. But I'll want to see how he performs over time.

Whether KAT scores or not, he rebounds, blocks shots and alters shots. He hits a high percentage of his shots and hits his free throws. And he's doing all that early in his first season. Hence, my prediction that he will be great.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

alexftbl8181 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Wiggins is in his second year and people are willing to say he will never be this never be that. This all goes back to my frustration with Ricky. His second year people say he could be this could be that. And he still isn't but it seems their still more content with Ricky than Wiggins at this point. What gives! Why do some players get more rope. If your just bias to player just say it otherwise be consistent

baffles me as well

I'll just speak for myself. I've never said Wiggins won't be good or even great. And I've never said Ricky would be great because I've never been convinced he'd improve his shooting enough. In the meantime, Ricky is more of a net positive for the team than Wiggins. But that doesn't mean I think Ricky is great -- he's not - or that he will be great - he won't. At least I still think Wiggins might be great.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

lipoli390 wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:

baffles me as well

I'll just speak for myself. I've never said Wiggins won't be good or even great. And I've never said Ricky would be great because I've never been convinced he'd improve his shooting enough. In the meantime, Ricky is more of a net positive for the team than Wiggins. But that doesn't mean I think Ricky is great -- he's not - or that he will be great - he won't. At least I still think Wiggins might be great.

Come on Lip, you've been carrying Ricky torch from day one and have never had harsh criticism for him. Yet your always quick to point out Wiggins faults early into his second year I never threw out words like "great"