Flip's Agenda - #1. New Coach

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Flip's Agenda - #1. New Coach

Post by 60WinTim »

lipoli390 wrote:Please, not Sam Mitchell!!! He had one successful season as head coach and the next season his players rebelled and quit on him. It's time to reach beyond the old country club to fill key basketball positions with this franchise. And if we're such with the country club for this hire, I'd take Flip over Mitchell any day.

I'm still hoping for Hollins or Fred but I'm not holding my breath.

Ironically, this club's first venture out of the country club was Kahn... Just sayin'

[Although I suppose Casey was technically the first non-country club hire.]
Monster

Post by Monster »

If Chicago. Let's Thibs go that will be the dumbest coaching decision since Chicago parted way some guy named Phil Jackson. Seriously who has done more with less than Thibs?

Also I can't help but laugh at the idea that Hoiberg will come to the NBA after the was coaches are getting fired shifted around like crazy. I do think Chicago would be tempting for him (winning situation and relatively close to Ames) but I still think Iowa State is by far the biggest competition for anyone getting Fred. Ollie just signed an extension with Uconn Hoiberg ain't going anywhere either. College coaching right now if you have the situations both those guys are in is better than the NBA right now.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Would you trade the 13th pick for Thibs?
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

It would be nice if something happened quickly on the coaching front!

Andy Greder ?@twolvesnow 9m
#Twolves GM Milt Newton to @wccoradio: "Now (the draft lottery) is out of the way, (coaching search) could be accelerated a little bit."
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Would you trade the 13th pick for Thibs?

Its tempting becasue i do believe Thibs is a really good coach but I think that there could be a guy there at #13 that coudl change this franchise even if he turns out to JUST be the next Danny Green or Sefolosha or something. A legit 2-way starting wing would make a HUGE difference on this team.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Wow! Zgoda with some breaking news... Who whudda-thunk-it?!?

Wolves have permission to interview Dave Joerger. I basically consider this to be a done deal...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/260114421.html
Monster

Post by Monster »

Wow if we end up with Joerger that would be pretty amazing. I agree with Tim I would be surprised if the Wolves don't hire him. He seems like the perfect young coach he has been successful everywhere he has been. Things could be looking up for the Wolves.

Oh yeah and good call on Jerry getting some breaking news. That doesn't happen often. Lol
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Love it. It would seem that by getting to that stage of setting up an interview, it could very well happen. I wonder what kind of compensation, if any, Memphis will want.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Love it. It would seem that by getting to that stage of setting up an interview, it could very well happen. I wonder what kind of compensation, if any, Memphis will want.

The beauty is that Memphis has made it clear they want Joerger out. Seems like simply taking on most or all of the $s remaining on his contract is all it would take!
Monster

Post by Monster »

It sounds like Memphis doesn't want him (maybe the owner) but doesn't want to pay him if they fire him. No compensation we would just take him off their hands.

I am so excited about this possible hire I can barely stand it. He seems like from what I remember a guy that would be fun to play for and may be a really unique fit for this roster plus he coaches defense. Look all this guy has done is win and be successful everywhere and now he has a year of NBA Head coaching experience? I honestly can't think of a better coach available for the Wolves. Of course who knows who might get fired next week. lol