Flip's Agenda - #1. New Coach

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Flip's Agenda - #1. New Coach

Post by 60WinTim »

As things stand right now, I am more excited about the Vikings upcoming season than I am the Wolves. That hasn't been the case for me for a long time. :(

[ PS: Lip just had a great post at the end of the previous page. Be sure to read it! ]
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:I would imagine it being easier for Flip to go through the draft process without needing to consult with a new head coach regarding who to pick. I would expect for him to make a decision after the draft, but before FA.

this makes no sense. You NEED to have that input. Otherwise, you're looking for more reasons for coaches to not sign with you.

once you accept that flip is going to coach this team, then it makes perfect sense
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Tim -- I'm with you on excitement over the upcoming Vikings season. I liked our draft and I like our new head coach. I think we underachieved last season so I see a big upturn next season with our new head coach, draft picks, FA acquisitions and maturing if last year's draft picks.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Bummer. This means the Golden State job is still out there competing with the Wolves...

Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine 1m
RT @timkawakami: NBA source: Stan Van Gundy told GSW he wanted total control of basketball decisions. They declined. Could get that w/DET
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

60WinTim wrote:Bummer. This means the Golden State job is still out there competing with the Wolves...

Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine 1m
RT @timkawakami: NBA source: Stan Van Gundy told GSW he wanted total control of basketball decisions. They declined. Could get that w/DET

Yeah, it looks like Detroit really wants him. Too bad for us. However, Mike Brown is available again!
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Things seem to be heating up a bit in the various coaching searches. I've been astonished up until now with the lack of news for all coachless teams.

The SVG news kind of surprises me...allegedly preferring Detroilet to Golden State because he can have more control in Detroit. Man, what an ego! Does he really think he can turn Detroit around relatively quickly? I don't care who is running the show there...the Pistons are built to lose for a long time. Who would want that?

Zgoda tweets that Gentry and McMillan are assistant coaches still alive in the playoffs who might be considered head coaching material. Anybody excited about either of these recycled names? Do you think they are the kind of guys who could convince Love to stay?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I wish Stan Van had total control of the Wolves. We'd be set.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Alvin Gentry and Nate McMillan don't make me excited. Might as well let Terry Porter coach... Exactly. We'd actually be better off if Flip did coach the team at that point.

WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T WE CALLED GEORGE KARL, WHO ACTUALLY HAS INTEREST. Saw on twitter a graphic that illustrated Karl's ability to be efficient on offense AND defense. It surprised me. Like most consecutive seasons being in the top-10 in efficiency. Karl, Phil Jax, SVG and others were in there.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Flip probably isn't making too many calls...we all know how this is gonna end up.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Yup, Flip ain't doing a damn thing...

Darren Wolfson ?@DarrenWolfson 4h
One team not obsessed with the idea of Steve Kerr as its coach: the #Twolves. Zero contact.