Wolves Off-Season Rumors

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Wolves Off-Season Rumors

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I would be all for KG coming back. Even if we don't trade Love.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

repplile wrote:
I think you probably thought that because he's one of the nets shortest lived contracts. Now that Livingston's been signed by GS they don't have any notable free agents besides Paul Pierce and Jason Collins neither of whom are coming here so it makes the original tweet seem a bit suspect.

I'd honestly like to make a move to get KG back in the fold, and I'd bet if we're talking trade with BKN that's Flip's motivation as well. He could be a good mentor to our young guys and help instill a professional attitude in our locker room. Playing out his last year as a t-wolf would put a lot more butts in the seats at target center next year and build some community good will in the wake of Love's departure. Zgoda and others have been saying that once KG retires he will probably assume a small ownership stake in the Wolves/ be a minor member of the coaching staff. This would just bring him here a year earlier.

I think it makes a lot of sense for basketball reasons too. Our team is awful defensively because nobody besides rubio seems to care much at that end. KG does and I think his attitude along with fans reverence for him would inspire a lot of the younger players to build that part of their games up. Cap space wise he's a 12m expiring that we could use to consolidate a lot of our mid sized contracts and free up roster spots. Brooklyn needs more players (they're only at 11) and I bet they'd love to shed KG since they already have Plumlee, Teletovic, and Kirilenko able to play PF next season. Furthermore if Pierce leaves, coupled with Kidd's departure I doubt KG would be very happy to be there. In contrast I think there's no question he'd waive his no trade clause to come back and play here for his old coach. I'd welcome him back with open arms.

It makes a lot of sense especially if what the local media has been saying is true about him becoming a secondary owner/coach. Trade for Gordon, trade for KG, sign a lesser MLE and lets roll. This gives us some upcoming cap relief, a high upside guy in Gordon and a chance to compete this year and get Love to rethink things. Worst case we end up with almost 30 mill comping off the books next summer or Trade Love at the deadline. win-win
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

I don't think there's much of a chance that KG comes back as a player, but if we keep Love this year I'd love to see KG on the team to light a fire under Love, or at least slap him a few times before he leaves.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

mrhockey89 wrote:I don't think there's much of a chance that KG comes back as a player, but if we keep Love this year I'd love to see KG on the team to light a fire under Love, or at least slap him a few times before he leaves.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in those practices.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

mrhockey89 wrote:I don't think there's much of a chance that KG comes back as a player, but if we keep Love this year I'd love to see KG on the team to light a fire under Love, or at least slap him a few times before he leaves.

Pretty much lol
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

Wolfson tweeted out that wolves may have interest in Humphries on a one year deal.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

I'd be good with Humphries on a short term deal
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

foye2smith wrote:Wolfson tweeted out that wolves may have interest in Humphries on a one year deal.

mrhockey89 wrote:I'd be good with Humphries on a short term deal

As would I. He was on my short list of PFs to go after.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
foye2smith wrote:Wolfson tweeted out that wolves may have interest in Humphries on a one year deal.

mrhockey89 wrote:I'd be good with Humphries on a short term deal

As would I. He was on my short list of PFs to go after.

Humphries would be a huge get. I actually want him really bad.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

monsterpile wrote:

Humphries would be a huge get. I actually want him really bad.

Does your wife know?