Wolves involved in S&T scenarios with AK.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheGrey08

Wolves involved in S&T scenarios with AK.

Post by TheGrey08 »

Darren Wolfson ?@DarrenWolfson 35m
Got an AK-47 update this afternoon via email: #Twolves are involved in sign-&-trade scenarios. Told activity has picked up a fair amount.

Darren Wolfson ?@DarrenWolfson 23m
Re: AK sign-and-trade scenarios -- Don't have particulars at this moment. RT @twolvesfan: @DarrenWolfson Involving AK or Martin?

This makes me think trading him for something. Could another team S&T him to the Wolves?
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Re: Wolves involved in S&T scenarios with AK.

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

I'm not sure if they could, that would certainly be interesting to say the least lol.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

No, you can only sign and trade your own FA.

This is more likely to be a S&T involving Martin, so the wolves don't have to go under the cap. That way they can go over to sign AK as a non-bird FA I believe.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

thinking more about this tells me it has to be a S&T for Martin. Even if we did the deal with AK before signing Martin we still can't take back salary or we don't have enough space for Martin.

Doogie is likely only getting snippets, and has no idea how the cap space affects a deal.
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

These next few days might be INTENSE! lol
worldK

Post by worldK »

A sign and trade for martin would be ideal as it can help us unload a contract(likely luke or jj)

Options for a sign and trade with ak seems harder. Ak seems to want to go to a playoff team, but is a playoff team willing to pay ak anywhere around 6-8m(what ak would be looking for) in a 2-3 year deal and give up an asset?

If ak is after the money, it would be easier to have complete a sign and trade and get a good asset in return.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

It'll be interesting to see what happens that's for sure.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Hey guys! I'm back.

Interesting development. I think SJM is right, in terms of it being a S & T for Martin instead. This would free up some cap space to resign AK.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

KiwiMatt wrote:Hey guys! I'm back.

Interesting development. I think SJM is right, in terms of it being a S & T for Martin instead. This would free up some cap space to resign AK.

I sure hope that's what it is.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I agree that a sign-and-trade for Martin makes far more sense. At this point, the name of the game in my mind is reducing payroll enough to sign AK47 using the Bird Exception without getting too close to the luxury tax threshold. We had just enough to sign Martin as a free agent and put us right at around the $58 million cap after waiving Gelebale and Stiemer. That wouldn't leave us with enough to sign Pek at $12 million per year and AK at $6-7 million per year. If we can swap Luke and someone else to OKC for Martin, that would give us just enough breathing space to sign Pek and AK47. Let's hope that's what's happening.

I also hope we're dealing Luke and not Barea.