Fanning the embers of AK optimism

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Volans19

Fanning the embers of AK optimism

Post by Volans19 »

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/cavs-may-make-run-at-andrei-kirilenko.html

Most pertinent to the Wolves fans who want AK back

"With a dwindling number of teams that have cap space and Minnesota seemingly unwilling to accommodate a sign-and-trade, re-signing with the Wolves may be Kirilenko's most lucrative option left".

I have no faith in this happening with the Brewer signing, just thought I'd add fuel to KiwiMatt's hopes for an AK return
Coolbreeze44

Re: Fanning the embers of AK optimism

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Good thing you have no faith, because it ain't happening.
worldK

Post by worldK »

What I don't understand is why didn't we just offer ak that 5m/3yr deal instead of giving it to corey? I assume ak wanted more than 5 but he is worth about 6-7m and he would give us better trade value down the road than corey and his 5m/yr deal.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Not happening now that Brewer has signed. AK's probably going to Cleveland or maybe Dallas.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

worldK wrote:What I don't understand is why didn't we just offer ak that 5m/3yr deal instead of giving it to corey? I assume ak wanted more than 5 but he is worth about 6-7m and he would give us better trade value down the road than corey and his 5m/yr deal.

I would assume that since AK opted out of 10million he would never have signed for half that per year. AK might have overplayed his hand.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Il rathe
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
worldK wrote:What I don't understand is why didn't we just offer ak that 5m/3yr deal instead of giving it to corey? I assume ak wanted more than 5 but he is worth about 6-7m and he would give us better trade value down the road than corey and his 5m/yr deal.

I would assume that since AK opted out of 10million he would never have signed for half that per year. AK might have overplayed his hand.

I understand that cool. What im trying to say is that i would have rather pay ak 3yrs @ 7m/per yr than corey at 5m for 3yrs. Ak would have been a better trade asset down the road the corey.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

AK is the better player for 60 games a year right now, but we won't likely be saying that in a couple years. I like Corey on this team, with Love and Rubio throwing breakout passes to him he should excel! I'm really liking the team Flip's put together, if they can stay mostly healthy it should be a fun team to watch!! Is it a team that is likely to find itself facing the Heat for seven games next spring? No, but we'll be wearing grins a mile wide watching this team run and score!!!!!!
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I think it's save to say that ship has finally sailed.

AK was a dam fool for opting out! He'll be lucky to get 10 mil over 2 years with any of the teams left with remaining cap space.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Flip was a dam fool for not offering AK a 3rd year. I'm certain that AK would have taken a three-year deal at $7 million a year. That would have been a steal for us given that Flip gave Corey $5 million a year. Brewer isn't even in AK's league as a player. I'll add that you can't count on Brewer being durable given his reckless style, extremely thin legs and the fact that he already has one surgically repaired knee.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

lipoli390 wrote:Flip was a dam fool for not offering AK a 3rd year. I'm certain that AK would have taken a three-year deal at $7 million a year. That would have been a steal for us given that Flip gave Corey $5 million a year. Brewer isn't even in AK's league as a player. I'll add that you can't count on Brewer being durable given his reckless style, extremely thin legs and the fact that he already has one surgically repaired knee.

Lip I honestly think AK had zero intention of returning when he opted out. I know this runs counter to my earlier belief that he opted out fully intending to resign, hey, I'm flexible like that! :thumb:

Thinking back to last year Jersey was AK's first choice. Now this year they are loaded and he takes a well below market deal. Do you not smell the rubles changing hands under the table? AK wasn't coming back, and there is nothing Flip could do to change that.