Metta World Peace

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Metta World Peace

Post by Monster »

Metta had the best offensive season in a few years last year which isn't saying much, but if you look at what other amnesty guys have gotten when bids were put in they seem to come pretty cheap. I'd bid the room exception on him. but it might not even take that. I think he would be a solid addition for cheap. It will be interesting to see how that works out becasue we could have had some good players for cheap last year if we hadn't been tied up with other offers.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Certainly AK seems to be the best option, but there's not a lot out there. A lock down defender is needed bad enough that Artest might end up being the best option. It's better than nothing imo.
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

I think Metta gives us more flexibility in terms of keeping Rubio. AK wants a three year deal and his last year will be during the Rubio free agency period. If we sign Pek, along with AK & Martin, I just don't see how we will have the money for Rubio by having all these players signed during that time. Signing Metta will give us time to get a better solution at the three for the long term. Just my 2¢.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

I can't believe that I'm reading this. Bringing MWP to a young team is a recipe for disaster.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

MinnesotaJock wrote:I think Metta gives us more flexibility in terms of keeping Rubio. AK wants a three year deal and his last year will be during the Rubio free agency period. If we sign Pek, along with AK & Martin, I just don't see how we will have the money for Rubio by having all these players signed during that time. Signing Metta will give us time to get a better solution at the three for the long term. Just my 2¢.

I fully agree, plus we could do worse. We could get stuck with Ronnie Brewer. Yuck!
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

markkbu wrote:I can't believe that I'm reading this. Bringing MWP to a young team is a recipe for disaster.

You're making a bigger deal out of it than it is....Wait, no!!!