Best Pizza In Minnesota?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Carlos Danger

Re: Best Pizza In Minnesota?

Post by Carlos Danger »

Best non-Wolves thread ever. I've had pizza in Italy and...maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I was not impressed. The other Italian food there - fantastic! But I guess I'm too Americanized with my taste buds when it comes to pizza. Obviously everyone will have their own opinions/tastes though. But here are mine:

My fav chain pizza in South Metro - Carbones.
I also concur with Coolbreeze that Sammy's pizza is pretty good (I've been to the locations up in Duluth)

Back in the day, I used to really like Galactic Pizza in Minneapolis, but it's been years since I've had it.

Brianno's in Eagan is worth a try too.

I have not tried a Punch Pizza yet, but I see they opened one in Apple Valley, so that's on the "to do list"....maybe this week with all the pizza talk going on here. I know it's always had great reviews at the other locations.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Carlos Danger wrote:Best non-Wolves thread ever. I've had pizza in Italy and...maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I was not impressed. The other Italian food there - fantastic! But I guess I'm too Americanized with my taste buds when it comes to pizza. Obviously everyone will have their own opinions/tastes though. But here are mine:

My fav chain pizza in South Metro - Carbones.
I also concur with Coolbreeze that Sammy's pizza is pretty good (I've been to the locations up in Duluth)

Back in the day, I used to really like Galactic Pizza in Minneapolis, but it's been years since I've had it.

Brianno's in Eagan is worth a try too.

I have not tried a Punch Pizza yet, but I see they opened one in Apple Valley, so that's on the "to do list"....maybe this week with all the pizza talk going on here. I know it's always had great reviews at the other locations.

Americanized pizza is all about cheese - lots of it. Italian pizza has a minimal amount of fresh mozzarella. Almost entirely different food when comparing Italian and typical American pizza.
davemang

Post by davemang »

Not too far from Lola's is red wagon, which is fantastic IMO (American thin crust style). And living in the noko/minnehaha area I gotta plug fat Lorenzo's and parkway for thick crust and Minnesota-style, respectively.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

First time dining at Rosalia Pizza tonight in Minneapolis. Very good, especially the pepperoni.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Young Joni has been mentioned... as it should.

I'm also a fan of the thin-crust, cheesy square-cut pizzas (see Carbone's, Savoy's, etc.) But I have to give extra credit to Red Savoy for owning it for themselves with their new advertising campaign they launched a year or so ago.

We all know about NY style or Chicago style or even Detroit style pizza... Savoy is calling its pizza "Minnesota style" and leaning in to owning it even though it's not different than many others. Great great advertising. I love the campaign.

As for Italy pizza. I haven't been there for years, but I still remember sitting on the curb with the gal pal in some piazza, tired and beat... while enjoying one of the best slices I've ever had. A coworker at the time lived there during college and told me to go to places that made their pizzas in rectangles. They basically just ask you how big of a slice (rectangle) you want it from the big sheet. She was right on with her recommendation.

Speaking of rectangles... I had amazing pizza in San Francisco earlier this year. Golden Boy Pizza. Just realized, they also did the rectangle thing, only they choose how big of a slice.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

Without a doubt, Giordano's.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa Johns.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Camden wrote:Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa Johns.

Chicken, jalapeño, pineapple.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Cosetta pre Wild game. Good night guaranteed.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Good to hear everyone's opinions.

I'll be honest, I love all of these Pizza's. Love Broadway (and spinoff Fireside) as well as QC Pizza which is a spinoff of Harris Pizza from where I grew up. Paglaiis down in Mankato is pretty damn good as well.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"