Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Lipoli390 »

OK, let's have a discussion focused entirely on possible Butler trades before the start of the season. I read Pelton's suggested deals on ESPN.com. Wow, they were all pretty bad. I sure hope the Wolves can do at least a little better than Pelton's ideas.

Focusing exclusively on the three teams on Butler's list, the best possibly realistic deal for the Wolves I can think of would be Butler to the Clippers for T. Harris, S. Gilgeous-Alexander and the Clipper's 2021 top 12 protected first round pick. As for the Knicks, I don't think Knox is a realistic option, but if he is, then I'd look to deal Butler for Knox, Noah and the Knicks 2019 top 10 protected pick. But again, I don't see that as realistic.

Going beyond those three teams, my first choice would be dealing Butler and Taj for Hayward, the Sacramento first rounder and the Memphis first round pick (or Boston's first rounder if they won't give up the Memphis pick). Why would the Celtics do that deal? Because Butler is better than Hayward and, in spite of Butler's tendency to miss games, he's not coming off the sort of profound injury that Hayward had last year. Also, signing Butler would enhance Boston's chances of re-signing Kyrie. That would be one heck of a team - Kyrie, Butler, Tatum, Brown, Horford and Smart. That's a team that could knock off the Warriors. Why should the Wolves do this deal? If he comes back healthy, Hayward would allow the Wolves to possibly be competitive this season. More importantly, the Kings pick will likely be top 5, which would give the Wolves a chance to bring in another young talent to go with KAT, Wiggins, Tyus and Okogie as part of re-instating the rebuilding process that Thibodeau prematurely terminated with his Butler deal and relentless pursuit of old former Bulls players.
KG4Ever

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by KG4Ever »

I saw one or two Wizards fans suggest Otto Porter and a pick for Butler. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I saw a Heat fan suggest Josh Richardson, Olynyk and pick for Butler and another one had Whiteside for Butler. I'm at least considering these.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I'm on board with a Jaylen Brown for Butler deal and I'd be ok with a Hayward deal too, but prefer Brown as he is younger and plays much better defense.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

KG4Ever wrote:I saw one or two Wizards fans suggest Otto Porter and a pick for Butler. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

This would be a nice deal for the Wolves. I'd expect Washington's 1st round pick maybe top 5 protected.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I can't see any deal with the Nets I'd do unless it was RHJ and two first rounders.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

KG4Ever wrote:I saw a Heat fan suggest Josh Richardson, Olynyk and pick for Butler and another one had Whiteside for Butler. I'm at least considering these.

I wouldn't be interested in either of those two.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Philly is loaded and I've seen Philly fans suggest Covington and picks for Butler. I like that.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Clippers receive - J Butler

T Wolves receive - Tobias Harris, Patrick Beverley, DeMarre Carrol and future 1st round pick (top 10 protected from LAC).

Nets receive - Jeff Teague
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I've seen McCollum's name floated out there, but I doubt Portland would do that deal, especially if Jimmy doesn't sign an extension.