Things I don't like about Jimmy Butler

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Things I don't like about Jimmy Butler

Post by thedoper »

I hate that we're 3-4 with him in the lineup and he's still going iso Jimmy. I guess we can't lose without him either. He's been dogshit on and off the court this year. Lazy idiot wouldn't even show up for training camp like it's the NFL.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I don't dislike Butler as much as everyone else here because I feel much of what he's saying and implying about this team is dead on and the rest of the guys are proving him right. He's handled things poorly but so has this front office. As fans we don't deserve it, but being objective, Jimmy is a symptom of a bigger problem, and that's Glen and Thibs.

The iso Jimmy stuff sucks, but Thibs allows it. How we play is awful to watch even if it is mostly effective.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Realizing we are going to get something valuable for Jimmy, I'm really looking forward to seeing what this team can do once all the drama goes away. Of course we will have to do it in spite of our head coach, but with Josh and whoever we land in the deal, we are going to have an interesting mix going forward. Make the best deal and move on.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Thibs and Butler have created a toxic environment. I've never seen such lack of cohesiveness before. Its pretty much every man for himself now.
Renkln [enjin:6591222]

Post by Renkln [enjin:6591222] »

https://www.reddit.com/r/timberwolves/comments/9trlz3/jimmy_butler/?st=JO1WLI9G&sh=1b8650b2
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Things I like about Jimmy Butler:
Almost everything on the basketball court.

Things I don't like about Jimmy Butler:
Literally everything off the basketball court.

Other than his propensity to play iso ball on offense, I love everything about the way he plays. He's been the second-best player in Wolves history during his time on the floor and it's not even close. The degree to which he made this team better last year is undeniable, and even before he opened his mouth, his presence alone exposed how much we have overinflated Wiggins and Towns as players.

But then there's everything else. Even if you discount all the rumors and just go with what we know to be true, his behavior has totally undermined this team, which is why Thibs should have traded him as soon as Butler told him he wouldn't re-sign. Instead, we've had to watch a great player indulge his ego-mania at the expense of the rest of the team, acting like a jerk because he's trying to force a trade. And he's done it so publicly that our team has become a laughingstock. When he was waving that towel last night, somebody should have gotten up, snatched it out of his hand, and told him to shut the fuck up and get out until he got traded.